D2iQ (formerly Mesosphere) is looking for an experienced Documentation Manager to manageD2iQ Datacenter Operating System (DC/OS) documentation.D2iQ has a Doc team that consists of writers with a passion for technology and communication. The team works directly with Engineering, Product, Support, and Sales to deliver documentation to ensure customer success. We pride ourselves on the ability to deliver high quality documentation in a rapidly changing environment. There is never a dull moment!
- Manage the technical writers and also work side-by-side with a player coach mentality
- Drive strategic projects to optimize both internal document delivery and also improve our external document quality to increase impact on the community and customers
- Help modernize the documentation content (best practices papers, tutorials, reference architecture, video, etc...)
- Set in place metrics and measurement to continuously increase document and content impact
- Work closely with the team leads, tech writers, engineers, product managers, and customer support agents to develop and expand a documentation set that meets the needs of our customers to help them quickly understand their issues and fix the problem today
- Help develop our standards of style and voice
- Improve our products by dogfooding and providing useful feedback
- Know your customers and advocate for them by making documentation usability your top priority
The ideal candidate has broad technical writing experience, speaks the language of IT professionals and loves thinking about how to make documentation better. Qualifications include:
- 5 or more years of enterprise software technical writing experience
- Experience in managing both open source and enterprise software documentation is a plus
- Excellent writing, editing, and spoken communication skills
- Experience with enterprise writing, editing, and CMS tools (e.g. Markdown, DITA, reStructuredText, WordPress, GitHub, WordPress)
- Ability to write content in various formats, depending on the audience
- Proven experience documenting complex installation and configuration processes
- Ability to deliver in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to learn complex software applications quickly and work under tight deadlines
- Understanding of information architecture concepts and how to apply them
D2iQ - Your Partner in the Cloud Native Journey
On your journey to the cloud, you need to make numerous choices—from the technologies you select, to the frameworks you decide on, to the management tools you’ll use. What you need is a trusted guide that’s been down this path before. That’s where D2iQ can help.
D2iQ eases these decisions and operational efforts. Rather than inhibiting your choices, we guide you with opinionated technologies, services, training, and support, so you can work smarter, not harder. No matter where you are in your journey, we’ll make sure you’re well equipped for the road ahead.
Backed by T. Rowe Price, Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, HPE, Data Collective, and Fuel Capital, D2iQ is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Hamburg, London, New York, and Beijing.