Mesosphere is seeking an HR Generalist to provide support on the day-to-day operations in our Hamburg office and our other EMEA teams. In this role, you’ll be involved in all aspects of HR administration and interact with the global HR team and Mesosphere employees at all levels of the organization. We’re looking for a decisive problem solver with a “get it done” attitude who will thrive in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment. This role will report to our Chief People Officer and will be part of a team that is committed to creating meaningful experiences for everyone at Mesosphere.
- Must have expert level of knowledge of German employment and business law
- Previous experience in Human Resources in Germany required; enterprise tech experience preferred
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively within the Hamburg office and globally
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills - ability to focus on details and follow up
- Strong Google Suite, MS Office skills – Docs, Slides, MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Bachelors’ degree in Business, Human Resources, or other related disciplines
- Must be able to speak, read, and correspond fluently in German and English
- Responsible for supporting all aspects of HR across multiple offices and countries
- Support Hamburg and EMEA/APAC locations, business groups and teams on all business and Human Resources initiatives as required.
- Conducts new hire orientation. Sends out new hire packages to all pending new hires in preparation for their first day of employment, data entry of new hires into the company’s employee database, first day HR meeting, drafting new hire announcements and benefits overview with new hires.
- Coordinates the exit process for employees: conducts exit interviews, generates termination paperwork, and partners with IT to collect resources.
- Helps manage the annual performance review process – performance management training,coaching for managers and employees.
- Partners with the global HR team to lead the efforts on various HR programs and projects (compliance initiatives, on-call, recruiting and/or training/other programs etc.)
- Responds to requests for employment verifications, references for previous employees, and other general requests for information from vendors, government agencies, or employees.
- Works closely with the global Recruiting team to facilitate the local recruitment process. Assists with creating/updating job descriptions.
- Generates offer letters, promotions letters and other agreements as required.
- Maintains documents and employee records.
- Assists Legal with GDPR compliance and communications.
- Supports company-wide and location specific training requirements and supports and coordinates with the global HR team on company culture initiatives.
- Administers all aspects of the International benefits programs and schemes, including pensions, healthcare and insurance.
- Special projects as assigned.
Mesosphere is leading the enterprise transformation toward distributed computing and hybrid cloud. We combine the rich capability you get from public cloud providers with the freedom and control of choosing your own infrastructure.
Mesosphere DC/OS is the premier platform for building, deploying, and elastically scaling modern applications and big data. DC/OS makes running containers, data services, and microservices easy across your own hardware and cloud instances.
Mesosphere helps businesses accelerate time to market, ensure resilient applications, and save on cloud and infrastructure costs. Backed by T. Rowe Price, Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, HPE, Data Collective, and Fuel Capital, Mesosphere is headquartered in San Francisco with a second office in Hamburg, Germany.