Mesosphere is seeking an HR Operations Manager to join our growing HR team in our downtown San Francisco headquarters. In this role, you’ll build, refine, and enable best in class HR operations as we scale the company globally. You’ll be responsible for employee benefits, annual employee reviews, global immigration, reporting and compliance, and off-boarding. We’re looking for a decisive problem solver with a “get it done” attitude who will thrive in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment. This role will report to our Chief People Officer and will be part of a team that is committed to creating meaningful experiences for everyone at Mesosphere.
- Manage employee benefits, including broker/ vendor relationships, enrollment, claims resolution, general employee inquiries and invoice processing.
- Manage employee LOA, including maternity leave, disability, FMLA and similar programs internationally.
- Manage global immigration, including green cards, H1Bs, international work permits and business visitor visas.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment laws, including completion of mandatory reporting.
- Point of contact for unemployment claims and employment verifications.
- Review background screens for all new hires and maintain compliance with company policies
- Handle employee off-boarding, including exit interview, paperwork, system deactivation, final paycheck, equipment collection, etc.
- Project manage the annual employee review period, including budget approval, project timeline and overall execution.
- Monitor all employee time off, including vacation and sick leave.
- Maintain the employee handbook and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures.
- Participate in other team projects and company initiatives as need be.
- 5+ years of experience in Human Resources
- Demonstrable expertise in HR policies and procedures
- Understanding of HR best practices and current local regulations
- Sound judgment, dynamic problem-solving skills and an analytical mindset
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to move quickly with the information at hand
Perks at Mesosphere
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- Catered meals
- Company 401K Plan
- Unlimited Vacation
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- One Medical membership
- Dog-friendly office in downtown San Francisco
- Gym/Fitness Stipend
Mesosphere is leading the enterprise transformation toward distributed computing and hybrid cloud. We combine the rich capability you get from public cloud providers with the freedom and control of choosing your own infrastructure.
Mesosphere DC/OS is the premier platform for building, deploying, and elastically scaling modern applications and big data. DC/OS makes running containers, data services, and microservices easy across your own hardware and cloud instances.
Mesosphere helps businesses accelerate time to market, ensure resilient applications, and save on cloud and infrastructure costs. Backed by T. Rowe Price, Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, HPE, Data Collective, and Fuel Capital, Mesosphere is headquartered in San Francisco with a second office in Hamburg, Germany.