We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager that can lead some of the strategic initiatives around Kubernetes and data services, as well as own the core of Mesosphere’s DC/OS platform. You will collaborate with customers, the open-source community, partners, engineering, marketing and other functions to build a great product and make it successful in the market. If you’re passionate about product, can identify patterns from customer needs, and create well-defined requirements and user stories to help engineers deliver fantastic software solutions, come join us!
- Define strategy and drive execution of cloud operations capabilities for Mesosphere’s strategic Kubernetes initiatives and existing product.
- Own and prioritize the backlog; participate with engineering in sprint planning to represent customer requirements to ensure we build the right solution
- Work closely with customers to understand their needs and validate product direction
- Define features, user stories, requirements and acceptance criteria
- Deploy, use and test your own product to accept and provide early feedback within the development lifecycle
- Work with all other functions to enable, market and advocate your product.
- Experience working with two or more of the following open-source technologies: Kafka, Cassandra, Spark, HDFS, Elasticsearch, Tensorflow, Jupyter, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of the datacenter infrastructure market and current trends
- Strong understanding of Distributed Systems: Install, Upgrade, Backup / Restore, Compatibility Matrix, OS Support, Logging, Metrics, UI, CLI, Telemetry, etc...
- Strong understanding of the Cloud Service Provider and marketplace offering integration: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Technical understanding in one or more of: containerization, virtualization, networking, storage, security, operating systems
- Proven track record of shipping successful enterprise software products is a must
- Master of lean product development methods and worked with Jira before
- Data-driven decision maker
- Detail oriented and passionate about a great user experience combined with the ability to back proposed decisions by data
- Superb communication and presentation skills
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a Product Manager
- Preference for candidates based in the San Francisco Bay Area but remote applications in the US will be considered
Mesosphere is leading the enterprise transformation toward distributed computing and hybrid cloud. We combine the rich capability you get from public cloud providers with the freedom and control of choosing your own infrastructure.
Mesosphere DC/OS is the premier platform for building, deploying, and elastically scaling modern applications and big data. DC/OS makes running containers, data services, and microservices easy across your own hardware and cloud instances.
Mesosphere helps businesses accelerate time to market, ensure resilient applications, and save on cloud and infrastructure costs. Backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, HPE, Data Collective, and Fuel Capital, Mesosphere is headquartered in San Francisco with a second office in Hamburg, Germany.