Software Architect, Services Engineering, work as members of our Customer Success Team in a hybrid role - engage with existing and prospective customers in Application Modernization (Cloud Native) and internal product development. As a Software Architect in Services Engineering, you will visit our Client locations for short-term engagements ranging from Cloud Native Software Assessment, Design, and Deploy of Microservices Architectures on Kubernetes and/or DC/OS. In addition, lead internal product development initiatives. We are seeking exceptional individuals with strong Client consulting experience combined with full-stack Software Engineering experience.
- Lead Application Modernization workshops and deployment for Clients.
- Design and Develop Cloud Native Architectures for new or migrate existing business logic from legacy applications.
- Design and develop internal products or toolchains.
- Perform code reviews, constructive, critical, and cordial feedback.
- Experience implementing continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines - imperative with Jenkins and others or immutable with Kubernetes
- Experience working with loosely coordinated distributed systems.
- Experience in developing and applying Microservices patterns.
- Experience deploying and managing distributed database systems.
- Experience developing applications on commercial Platform-as-a-Service offerings, such as Heroku or Google AppEngine or Cloud Foundry.
- A passion for learning and teaching about development workflow (CI/CD) in up and coming serverless applications.
- Was part of a Digitial Transformation initiative
You will be successful in this role if you
- Are willing to travel to customer sites up to 50% of your time
- Can quickly learn new technologies (Mesos, DC/OS etc.)
- Have a consulting background and are comfortable working directly with customers
- Have experience gathering and understanding customer business requirements
- Have good presentations skills in front of a senior technical audience
- Have exceptional teaching skills
- Consistently deliver to project deadlines
- BA/BS in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- 10+ years in Software Engineering in a professional services/consulting role
Mesosphere is leading the enterprise transformation toward distributed computing and hybrid cloud. We combine the rich capability you get from public cloud providers with the freedom and control of choosing your own infrastructure.
Mesosphere DC/OS is the premier platform for building, deploying, and elastically scaling modern applications and big data. DC/OS makes running containers, data services, and microservices easy across your own hardware and cloud instances.
Mesosphere helps businesses accelerate time to market, ensure resilient applications, and save on cloud and infrastructure costs. Backed by T. Rowe Price, Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, HPE, Data Collective, and Fuel Capital, Mesosphere is headquartered in San Francisco with a second office in Hamburg, Germany.