We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager that can own the operations for our cloud platform and collaborate with customers, community, partners, engineering, UX, marketing and other functions to build a great product. If you’re passionate about product, can translate customer needs into requirement and user stories and be a partner to engineering and other functions, come join us!
- Work closely with customers to understand their needs and validate product direction
- Define strategy and drive execution for our cloud solution
- Define features, user stories, requirements and acceptance criteria
- Own and prioritize the backlog; participate with engineering in sprint planning to represent customer requirements to ensure we build the right solution
- Deploy, use and test your own product to accept and provide early feedback within development lifecycle
- Work with all other functions to enable, market, launch and advocate your product.
- Minimum 3 years experience as a software product manager focused on operating SaaS or Cloud technologies
- Solid understanding of public cloud infrastructures and experience working and building solutions on at least two of the major public cloud vendors such as AWS, Azure, GCP or Alicloud
- Experience working with Operations/Site Reliability Engineering teams (SRE) to build monitoring, logging, security and provisioning solutions
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Knowledge of agile product development and life-cycle management process
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, mathematics, or other related fields
- Formerly SRE engineer with technical experience addressing mission-critical issues
- Experience in containers, distributed systems such as Mesos, Kubernetes a strong plus.
- Experience working with modern monitoring and logging tools such as Terraform, Prometheus, Elastic Search, Kafka, HDFS
- Open source software and/or commercial open source companies experience
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Master of Science (MS) in a technical field.
Mesosphere is leading the enterprise transformation toward distributed computing and hybrid cloud. We combine the rich capability you get from public cloud providers with the freedom and control of choosing your own infrastructure.
Mesosphere DC/OS is the premier platform for building, deploying, and elastically scaling modern applications and big data. DC/OS makes running containers, data services, and microservices easy across your own hardware and cloud instances.
Mesosphere helps businesses accelerate time to market, ensure resilient applications, and save on cloud and infrastructure costs. Backed by T. Rowe Price, Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, HPE, Data Collective, and Fuel Capital, Mesosphere is headquartered in San Francisco with a second office in Hamburg, Germany.