We’re looking for a Product Manager that can own the Cloud Operations capabilities of Mesosphere DC/OS, and collaborate with customers, community, partners, engineering, marketing and other functions to build a great product and make it successful in the market. If you’re passionate about product, can identify patterns from customer needs, and create well-defined requirements and user stories to help engineers deliver fantastic software solutions, come join us!
- Own and prioritize the backlog; participate with engineering in sprint planning to represent customer requirements to ensure we build the right solution
- Define strategy and drive execution of cloud operations capabilities for Mesosphere’s DC/OS platform
- Work closely with customers to understand their needs and validate product direction
- Define features, user stories, requirements and acceptance criteria
- Deploy, use and test your own product to accept and provide early feedback within development lifecycle
- Work with all other functions to enable, market and advocate your product.
Qualities we’re looking for
- Knowledge of the datacenter infrastructure market and current trends
- Strong understanding of Distributed Systems: Install, Upgrade, Backup / Restore, Compatibility Matrix, OS Support, Logging, Metrics, UI, CLI, Telemetry, etc...
- Strong understanding of the Cloud Service Provider and marketplace offering integration: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Technical understanding in one or more of: containerization, virtualization, networking, storage, security, big data, distributed systems, operating systems
- Proven track record of shipping successful enterprise software products is a must
- Detail oriented and passion for a great user experience
- Master of lean product development methods and worked with Jira before
- Data-driven decision maker
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Preference for candidates based in the San Francisco Bay Area but remote applications in the US and Europe will be considered
Mesosphere is leading the enterprise transformation toward distributed computing and hybrid cloud. We combine the rich capability you get from public cloud providers with the freedom and control of choosing your own infrastructure.
Mesosphere DC/OS is the premier platform for building, deploying, and elastically scaling modern applications and big data. DC/OS makes running containers, data services, and microservices easy across your own hardware and cloud instances.
Mesosphere helps businesses accelerate time to market, ensure resilient applications, and save on cloud and infrastructure costs. Backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, HPE, Data Collective, and Fuel Capital, Mesosphere is headquartered in San Francisco with a second office in Hamburg, Germany.