Mesosphere is on a mission to provide the best multi-cloud and hybrid-cloud services platform in the industry, built with Kubernetes on DC/OS. We’re looking for highly motivated engineers to join us.
This team is responsible for delivering a world-class global-scale, multi-cloud infrastructure automation platform to some of the most innovative names in tech, cloud, healthcare and financial services.
This position will give you the opportunity to collaborate with the brightest engineering minds in cloud infrastructure and distributed systems, as you design and develop reliable, resilient, and scalable services with Kubernetes.
As an ideal candidate, you would have empathy for your customer and your team, and welcome customer feedback. You would excel with minimal technical supervision, and design and implement solutions independently, while also supporting your team members. You would embrace time constraints, and work with team members to deliver high-quality products and features, with rapid iteration.
You’d contribute in:
- Performing code reviews and give constructive, critical, and cordial feedback.
- Performing design reviews and provide insight to your team.
- Creating clear designs and write helpful documentation.
- Engaging the Kubernetes community on projects that are important to our product.
- Writing reliable Kubernetes control plane code, and the tests that allow it to safely evolve.
You’d be a great fit if you:
- Understand Kubernetes control plane architecture
- Understand container orchestration
- Can comfortably write and test software in Go
- Have developed and operated large-scale infrastructure services
- Have automated infrastructure in public clouds
- Are self-driven and motivated, with a strong work ethic and a passion for problem-solving
- Can debug, troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues reported by customers
- Know Linux or other Unix-like operating systems
We’d be impressed if you also:
- Apply agile development principles in short work iterations.
- Implement Continuous Deployment practices in your work.
- Have implemented Kubernetes controllers.
- Have developed loosely-coupled distributed systems.
- Have deployed applications in Mesos and/or DC/OS.
- Can develop applications in Python, C, or C++.
- Actively participate in the Kubernetes community, and/or contribute to the Kubernetes ecosystem.
- Understand cloud platforms architecture, especially networking, security, storage, and resilient application topologies.
Perks at Mesosphere:
In addition to a developer-friendly atmosphere which allows you to fully concentrate on doing your best work, Mesosphere also provides:
- Relaxed and open office space with an amazing view of the Hamburg harbor
- Competitive salary
- Stock options for the Mesosphere, Inc.
- Experience the Silicon Valley spirit and work among some of the brightest in the field
- Regular team events and offsites
- Gym/Wellness membership at a sports club of your own choice
- 75% contribution for public transportation
- Breakfast, snacks & drinks
Mesosphere is leading the enterprise transformation toward distributed computing and hybrid cloud. We combine the rich capability you get from public cloud providers with the freedom and control of choosing your own infrastructure.
Mesosphere DC/OS is the premier platform for building, deploying, and elastically scaling modern applications and big data. DC/OS makes running containers, data services, and microservices easy across your own hardware and cloud instances.
Mesosphere helps businesses accelerate time to market, ensure resilient applications, and save on cloud and infrastructure costs. Backed by T. Rowe Price, Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, HPE, Data Collective, and Fuel Capital, Mesosphere is headquartered in San Francisco with a second office in Hamburg, Germany.