Mesosphere is currently seeking a Sales Engineer in the San Francisco Bay Area. In this position you will be the technical representative for Mesosphere’s products and services in the Enterprise Field Sales organization.
This is a hands-on technologist role. You are not just doing slideware, you’re architecting enterprise data solutions for large organizations. Experience seeing the entire lifecycle from conception to design to technology evaluation to pilot program to implementation to maintenance and support is crucial.
Distributed systems, programming, datacenter operations, and previous Mesos experience are all huge pluses. We're looking for customer-facing hands-on technologists with a track record of success to join us in locations throughout North America and Europe.
- Working with customers, partners, and prospects to understand and propose solutions
- Manage technical sales process for numerous customers day to day
- Map customer requirements to current and future offerings
- Own the technical sales process from introductory meetings (net new sales) through post-sales (customer satisfaction, upselling, and subscription renewals)
- Educate prospects on the business value of Mesosphere’s offerings
- Drive progress towards successful sales, in concert with Account Executives
- Focus on customer satisfaction and success
- Continuously learn and update skills in quickly evolving technologies
- 5+ years technical experience plus 5+ years customer facing experience
- Hands-on, technical, problem solver
- Good EQ (Emotional Intelligence)
- Unix/Linux expertise a must
- Comfortable working with, most importantly listening and having technical discussions with customers
- Experience with public speaking, and giving pitches
- Demonstrated experience gathering and understanding customer business requirements
- Knowledge of distributed systems
- Familiarity with several of the following:
- Distributed systems: Hadoop, HDFS, Spark, Zookeeper, Kafka, Cassandra, Microservice architectures
- Programming languages: C, C++, Java, Scala, Python, Ruby, Bash
- Datacenter operations: provisioning, capacity planning, network design
Mesosphere is leading the enterprise transformation toward distributed computing and hybrid cloud. We combine the rich capability you get from public cloud providers with the freedom and control of choosing your own infrastructure.
Mesosphere DC/OS is the premier platform for building, deploying, and elastically scaling modern applications and big data. DC/OS makes running containers, data services, and microservices easy across your own hardware and cloud instances.
Mesosphere helps businesses accelerate time to market, ensure resilient applications, and save on cloud and infrastructure costs. Backed by T. Rowe Price, Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, HPE, Data Collective, and Fuel Capital, Mesosphere is headquartered in San Francisco with a second office in Hamburg, Germany.