Mesosphere is building a field sales team to bring our world-class solutions to our world-class customers. We need people who have managed complex sales relationships at the largest customers in the world and still understand how to work with people at all levels of an organization. We get to work with the best technology and the best technologists there are. We get to help our customers understand our vision as we are executing on it and understand their vision as they are executing on theirs. We are building the next great enterprise software company.
- Grow Mesosphere sales within Enterprise accounts in the Eastern US region
- Daily management of the Enterprise Account Executive sales team
- Effectively coach sales team to develop their sales skills including prospective, pipeline generation, forecasting, building key relationships, negotiations
- Provides value in complex deal negotiations and the closing of new and expansion business, include appropriate use of Senior Leadership to maximize results
- Work closely with each team member to develop and implement business plans to achieve and exceed sales targets
- Communicates and prioritizes product and business needs from the field to the appropriate corporate departments
- Operates well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Capacity to work on cross-functional projects and teams
- Demonstrated track record of sourcing, interviewing and hiring top sales talent
- Deep understanding of the Central Enterprise Software market, including accounts most likely to leverage Open Source, distributed technologies
- 4 years of sales management experience with a demonstrated track record of success selling and managing in enterprise software
- Demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate and close complex transactions
- Experience leveraging Sales Process Tools, specifically Salesforce.com
- Demonstrated track record of developing and leading a team to sales quota achievement
- BA/BS from an accredited college or university
Skills & Requirements
- You have to love working with people, all people, all titles, all personalities
- You have to be okay with things that break and people that love to fix things when they break. This includes people that refuse to wear shoes to work.
- You have to understand how to navigate large corporate environments and understand the challenges these customers have when adopting new, innovative technology
- You must have a burning desire to be successful and to see your customers succeed
- Ideally you will have worked in software and services sales with medium and large enterprise customers for 8+ years
- Ideally you have sold open-source technology, worked with datacenter technologies and understand the basics of applications, containers and data analytics solutions
Mesosphere is leading the enterprise transformation toward distributed computing and hybrid cloud. We combine the rich capability you get from public cloud providers with the freedom and control of choosing your own infrastructure.
Mesosphere DC/OS is the premier platform for building, deploying, and elastically scaling modern applications and big data. DC/OS makes running containers, data services, and microservices easy across your own hardware and cloud instances.
Mesosphere helps businesses accelerate time to market, ensure resilient applications, and save on cloud and infrastructure costs. Backed by T. Rowe Price, Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, HPE, Data Collective, and Fuel Capital, Mesosphere is headquartered in San Francisco with a second office in Hamburg, Germany.