Mesosphere is on a mission to provide the best cloud-native application development platform in the industry, built with Kubernetes on DC/OS. We’re looking for highly motivated engineers to join us.
This team is responsible for delivering a world-class developer experience for cloud-native applications, to some of the most innovative names in tech, cloud, healthcare and financial services.
This position will give you the opportunity to collaborate with the brightest engineering minds in container-native application development and distributed systems, as you design and develop reliable, resilient, and scalable services that automate the cloud-native application lifecycle.
You should have empathy for your customer and welcome customer feedback. You should excel with minimal technical supervision, and design and implement solutions independently. You should embrace time constraints, and work with team members to deliver high-quality products and features.
- Perform code reviews and give constructive, critical, and cordial feedback
- Perform design reviews and provide insight to your team
- Create clear designs and write helpful documentation
- Integrate open-source projects to provide a cohesive development environment
- Design and implement a better developer experience for enterprise customers
- BS or Master’s degree in Computer Science, a related degree or equivalent experience
- Experience deploying applications with containers, using Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos or similar technologies
- Self-driven and motivated, with a strong work ethic and passion for problem-solving
- Able to debug, troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues reported by customers
- Knowledge of Linux or other Unix-like operating systems
- Experience implementing continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines, using Jenkins, Spinnaker, and/or related technologies.
- Experience working with loosely coordinated distributed systems.
- Experience in Python or Java development, debugging, and multithreaded programming; ability to work comfortably in Go.
- Experience deploying and managing distributed database systems.
- Experience developing applications on commercial Platform-as-a-Service offerings, such as Heroku or Google AppEngine.
- Actively participating in the Kubernetes community, contributing to Kubernetes, especially with respect to application lifecycle concerns.
- A passion for learning and teaching about development workflow (CI/CD), 12-factor applications, service architecture, serverless applications, infrastructure-as-code, and other principles of cloud systems development.
Perks at Mesosphere:
In addition to a developer-friendly atmosphere which allows you to fully concentrate on doing your best work, Mesosphere also provides:
- Relaxed and open office space with an amazing view of the Hamburg harbor
- Competitive salary
- Stock options for the Mesosphere, Inc.
- Experience the Silicon Valley spirit and work among some of the brightest in the field
- Regular team events and offsites
- Gym/Wellness membership at a sports club of your own choice
- 75% contribution for public transportation
- Breakfast, snacks & drinks
Mesosphere is leading the enterprise transformation toward distributed computing and hybrid cloud. We combine the rich capability you get from public cloud providers with the freedom and control of choosing your own infrastructure.
Mesosphere DC/OS is the premier platform for building, deploying, and elastically scaling modern applications and big data. DC/OS makes running containers, data services, and microservices easy across your own hardware and cloud instances.
Mesosphere helps businesses accelerate time to market, ensure resilient applications, and save on cloud and infrastructure costs. Backed by T. Rowe Price, Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, HPE, Data Collective, and Fuel Capital, Mesosphere is headquartered in San Francisco with a second office in Hamburg, Germany.