Mesosphere’s Data Infrastructure team is currently looking for several talented and highly motivated software engineers to develop data frameworks for next-generation web, mobile, and IoT Applications.
This team combines leading open source data frameworks (Spark, Kafka, Zookeeper, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Tensorflow, and HDFS) with Mesosphere developed frameworks. Our customers include the most innovative names in tech, cloud, and financial services.
This position will give you the opportunity to collaborate with the brightest engineering minds in big data and datacenter computing. As a senior engineer, you should excel with minimal technical supervision, embrace time constraints, and work with team members to deliver high quality products and features.
- Design and implement new Mesos frameworks
- Add features to the existing Mesos frameworks
- Dive deep into Spark, Cassandra, Kafka, Elasticsearch, HDFS, and others to build infrastructure for running data services and analytics on DC/OS platform.
- Design and implement components - e.g. security/TLS for frameworks.
- Contribute to the building blocks of DC/OS components e.g. jobs/queues.
- Build tools to collect metrics, monitor, identify and fix scale limitations.
- Understand DC/OS components to integrate with data services and analytics frameworks.
- BS or Master’s degree in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience with OOP, and infrastructure design / coding skills
- Self-driven and motivated, with a strong work ethic and a passion for problem solving
- Experience in Java development / debugging and multithreaded programming
- Able to debug, troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues reported by customers
- Experience with Spark, Kafka, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, or HDFS
- Experience designing, implementing and operating large-scale stateful distributed systems
- Experience with RDBMS internals, JDBC and SQL
Perks at Mesosphere:
In addition to a developer-friendly atmosphere which allows you to fully concentrate on doing your best work, Mesosphere also provides:
- Relaxed and open office space with an amazing view of the Hamburg harbor
- Competitive salary
- Stock options for the Mesosphere, Inc.
- Experience the Silicon Valley spirit and work among some of the brightest in the field
- Regular team events and offsites
- Gym/Wellness membership at a sports club of your own choice
- 75% contribution for public transportation
- Breakfast, snacks & drinks