Mesosphere is dedicated to helping enterprises unlock the next generation of datacenter scale, efficiency, and automation. Our main product - the Datacenter Operating System (DC/OS), is a new kind of operating system that spans the entire datacenter, pools datacenter resources, and automates IT operations. Backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, HPE, Data Collective, and Fuel Capital, Mesosphere is one of the most successful and impactful startups in the infrastructure space. Our founders played leading roles in building and scaling Twitter and Airbnb through their work on Apache Mesos and Chronos. Our engineers take pride in their craft and ship code that is well engineered and tested.
We are building the UI for the Datacenter Operating System (DC/OS), and we want to define a new era of enterprise software. We believe that internal tools should be as beautiful and easy to use as the world’s best-designed websites. With a world class design team, we can create an astonishing interface that solves real world use cases. Our engineers and designers take pride in their craft and ship UIs that are well designed, expertly engineered, and leverage new technologies like React, ES6, Webpack, WebGL, Node.js, and GraphQL.
- Own, maintain and improve the DC/OS UI codebase
- Build performant, scalable, well-tested, and maintainable features
- Work on API designs in close cooperation with other teams
- Aid and grow the DC/OS open source community
- Collaborate with Product and Design to deliver features that satisfy our customers
- Create rich visualizations and interfaces to monitor data from thousands of machines
Experience & Skills
- You have architected and built large web applications from scratch
- You are an experienced Frontend Engineer who understands Bash, Vagrant, Docker, SQL, and other developer tools and backend technologies
- A knack for squeezing out every last byte of performance
- Experience in data visualization and a handle on WebGL is a plus
Mesosphere is leading the enterprise transformation toward distributed computing and hybrid cloud. We combine the rich capability you get from public cloud providers with the freedom and control of choosing your own infrastructure.
Mesosphere DC/OS is the premier platform for building, deploying, and elastically scaling modern applications and big data. DC/OS makes running containers, data services, and microservices easy across your own hardware and cloud instances.
Mesosphere helps businesses accelerate time to market, ensure resilient applications, and save on cloud and infrastructure costs. Backed by T. Rowe Price, Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, HPE, Data Collective, and Fuel Capital, Mesosphere is headquartered in San Francisco with a second office in Hamburg, Germany.
Perks at Mesosphere:
In addition to a developer-friendly atmosphere which allows you to fully concentrate on doing your best work, Mesosphere also provides:
- Relaxed and open office space with an amazing view of the Hamburg harbor
- Competitive salary
- Stock options for the Mesosphere, Inc.
- Experience the Silicon Valley spirit and work among some of the brightest in the field
- Regular team events and offsites
- Gym/Wellness membership at a sports club of your own choice
- 75% contribution for public transportation
- Breakfast, snacks & drinks
Mesosphere provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and team members and is committed to inclusion and diversity.