Mesosphere is looking for several talented and highly motivated distributed software engineers to work on the DC/OS orchestration layer. The responsible team is building the foundations needed to orchestrate workload both in on-premise datacenters and on cloud services. This includes distributed services in general, both stateless and stateful micro-services, as well as batch jobs. The team integrates tightly with Apache Mesos as well as DC/OS internal components. It enables other teams in building services to deploy and operate stateful data intensive applications through an orchestration engine into DC/OS.
Services built on top of our foundations ship with built-in support for operation APIs, automated packaging and testing infrastructure. These services can easily leverage existing integration with the networking, storage and service discovery modules of the DC/OS ecosystem. A position on this team will give you the opportunity to collaborate with the brightest engineering minds in big data, datacenter and distributed computing space. As a senior engineer, you should excel with minimal technical supervision, embrace time constraints, and work with team members to deliver high quality products and features.
- Contribute to the building blocks of DC/OS
- Bring existing Mesos frameworks like Marathon and Metronome to the next level
- Improve foundational pieces like the Data Service SDK
- Build tooling to help us monitor our services, identify and fix scale limitations.
- Understand DC/OS components to integrate with data services and analytics frameworks.
- BS or Master’s degree in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in Software Engineering
- Profound knowledge in Functional as well as Object Oriented Programming
- Experience in Distributed Computing, Concurrency, DevOps and Infrastructure Design/Coding skills
- Self-driven and motivated, with a strong work ethic and a passion for problem solving
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate and communicate effectively in a geographically distributed team.
- Ability to debug, troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues
- Experience in Java, Scala, or similar languages
- 10+ years experience in Software Engineering
- Experience with Apache Mesos, Spark, Kafka, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, HDFS and K8s
- Experience designing, implementing and operating large-scale stateful distributed systems
Mesosphere is leading the enterprise transformation toward distributed computing and hybrid cloud. We combine the rich capability you get from public cloud providers with the freedom and control of choosing your own infrastructure.
Mesosphere DC/OS is the premier platform for building, deploying, and elastically scaling modern applications and big data. DC/OS makes running containers, data services, and microservices easy across your own hardware and cloud instances.
Mesosphere helps businesses accelerate time to market, ensure resilient applications, and save on cloud and infrastructure costs. Backed by T. Rowe Price, Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, HPE, Data Collective, and Fuel Capital, Mesosphere is headquartered in San Francisco with a second office in Hamburg, Germany.