Mesosphere is dedicated to helping enterprises unlock the next generation of datacenter scale, efficiency, and automation. Our main product - the Datacenter Operating System (DC/OS), is a new kind of operating system that spans the entire datacenter, pools datacenter resources, and automates IT operations. Backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, HPE, Data Collective, and Fuel Capital, Mesosphere is one of the most successful and impactful startups in the infrastructure space. Our founders played leading roles in building and scaling Twitter and Airbnb through their work on Apache Mesos and Chronos. Our engineers take pride in their craft and ship code that is well engineered and tested.
We are looking for software engineers with a penchant for systems and security. You will help us ensure that our software products are designed and implemented with the best practices in mind. In addition, you will be designing and implementing systems and security-relevant components from scratch, perform security code reviews, conduct design reviews, do security consulting as well as threat analysis and security testing.
As part of the Mesosphere team, you should have strong C++, Go, Python, or Scala programming skills, a thorough understanding of Linux and systems programming, a basic understanding of hardware architecture, and excellent communication and planning skills. You will work closely with other software engineering teams to design, develop and debug many functional aspects of (DC/OS).
- Design and Develop various system level and security-related DC/OS components.
- Ability to perform differential diagnosis under pressure in real world environments
- Contribute to software product alignment with information security controls, standards and regulatory requirements. Perform ethical hacking, application penetration tests and internal assessments against industry standards and our security policy
- Stay current with security trends, regulations and industry standards/certifications. Contribute to our roadmap to enhance the security of our offerings
Experience & Skills
- C++ or golang and a scripting language
- Savviness in concurrent programming and/or actor programming
- Experience building large scale systems
- Experience with distributed systems and network security concepts. You should have knowledge of related technologies and be comfortable implementing such software from scratch
- Record of successful deployments of security technologies at scale, including TLS-based encryption, Kerberos, LDAP, Single sign-on protocols, and X.509-based architectures
- Ability to address security issues with complex distributed software, such as Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, HDFS, etc.
- Develop, write, test and document the various security-related software systems that comprise a modern enterprise-grade platform, based on internal innovation and customer requirements
Mesosphere provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and team members and is committed to inclusion and diversity.