The IT Specialist owns, executes and constantly improves day-to-day IT operations at Mesosphere. This person is responsible for recurring operations in his or her local office and region, including technical support, employee onboarding and offboarding, office infrastructure, device life cycle management, etc.
As the primary IT contact for Mesonauts in his or her region, the IT Specialist has daily opportunities to make positive impacts on the Mesosphere community. This person is expected to prioritize and compartmentalize work in order to keep IT operations running smoothly while working on additional IT projects.
- Field and complete or assign incoming support requests from San Francisco and remote Mesonauts based in North America, with occasional crossover to other regions
- Onboard new Mesonauts in your region, including procurement, account and equipment deployments, and IT orientations
- Manage the life cycles of user devices
- Identify and resolve or escalate technical issues related to office infrastructure, including conference rooms, networking, A/V and event spaces
- Own A/V and technical aspects of events hosted from the San Francisco office
- Maintain and contribute to the company’s knowledge base by documenting common support requests and the required steps to resolution
- Contribute to efforts to consistently review processes, identify problem areas, and conceive and execute suggestions to improve
- Commit to providing our internal customers with the highest-quality IT experience possible
- Maintain high availability and physical presence during local business hours, 9:00 AM–6:00 PM Pacific time, with occasional schedule adjustments as needed
- Make time to collaborate with the global IT team and other departments on technical and organizational projects
- Prioritize requests and projects according to business relevance
- Assume additional responsibilities related to IT operations as required by the business
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2–4 years’ experience in a service desk and/or IT operations role
- Experience working in the technology industry or a similar engineering-focused organization
- Experience supporting macOS, Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience working in ticketing and documentation
- Experience administering common business systems and saas services, e.g. GitHub, Google Apps, Jira, etc.
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows servers
- Expert knowledge of common office infrastructure, e.g. networking, video conferencing, A/V, etc.
- Understanding of information security
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Work hard, play hard ethic
Perks at Mesosphere
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- Company 401K Plan
- Unlimited Vacation
- Health Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Pet friendly office in downtown San Francisco
- Catered meals at the office
- Gym/Wellness Stipend
Mesosphere is leading the enterprise transformation toward distributed computing and hybrid cloud. We combine the rich capability you get from public cloud providers with the freedom and control of choosing your own infrastructure.
Mesosphere DC/OS is the premier platform for building, deploying, and elastically scaling modern applications and big data. DC/OS makes running containers, data services, and microservices easy across your own hardware and cloud instances.
Mesosphere helps businesses accelerate time to market, ensure resilient applications, and save on cloud and infrastructure costs. Backed by T. Rowe Price, Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, HPE, Data Collective, and Fuel Capital, Mesosphere is headquartered in San Francisco with a second office in Hamburg, Germany.