Mesosphere is dedicated to helping enterprises unlock the next generation of datacenter scale, efficiency, and automation. Our main product - the Datacenter Operating System (DC/OS), is a new kind of operating system that spans the entire datacenter, pools datacenter resources, and automates IT operations. Backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, HPE, Data Collective, and Fuel Capital, Mesosphere is one of the most successful and impactful startups in the infrastructure space. Our founders played leading roles in building and scaling Twitter and Airbnb through their work on Apache Mesos and Chronos. Our engineers take pride in their craft and ship code that is well engineered and tested.
Mesosphere's Apache Mesos team is currently looking for a passionate and motivated software engineer to own the entire Mesos test infrastructure: from the C++ test harness to the internal Jenkins setup and a plethora of automation scripts.
You will be primarily working with a globally distributed team of Apache Mesos contributors, creating tools so engineers can effectively test their code. Your main focus will be automation and finding better ways to express intentions in tests, not testing code manually. We want you to become a quality advocate: think about and introduce bug prevention strategies, promote state-of-the-art test practice, make writing tests easy and fun.
In the future your scope can be increased to other individual teams inside Mesosphere, e.g., Marathon, Cluster Ops, and to the testing infrastructure of our main product, DC/OS.
- Lead an effort on improving Apache Mesos team's test coverage; potentially expanding to other teams at Mesosphere.
- Help improve the workflow of engineering teams to facilitate developer velocity, test coverage, and reduce code duplication and flakiness.
- Write scripts and tools to gather statistics, minimize test run time, simplify root cause analysis of failed tests and whatever is necessary to help engineers test their code.
- Own and evolve Apache Mesos test harness; potentially expanding to DC/OS test harness.
- Don't be afraid to get hands dirty writing or fixing an integration test for Apache Mesos or DC/OS.
Experience & Skills
- Self-driven, passionate about quality, and persevering in promoting proper engineering practice.
- Comfortable with C++ and at least one of the managed runtimes (Python, Go, Scala).
- 3+ years of development and/or test automation experience.
- Experience in working with distributed systems.
- Experience with actor model.
- Experience with C++ test frameworks (Google Test, Google Mock, Boost Test).
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, Jenkins, TeamCity, GitHub, Docker, JIRA.
- Experience in testing large web applications from scratch.
- Experience in cloud services development / debugging and deployment.
- Open source contributions and participation is a plus.
Perks at Mesosphere
In addition to a developer-friendly atmosphere which allows you to fully concentrate on doing your best work, Mesosphere also provides:
- Relaxed and open office space with an amazing view of the Hamburg harbor
- Competitive salary
- Stock options for the Mesosphere, Inc.
- Experience the Silicon Valley spirit and work among some of the brightest in the field
- Regular team events and offsites
- Gym/Wellness membership at a sports club of your own choice
- 75% contribution for public transportation
- Breakfast, snacks & drinks
Mesosphere provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and team members and is committed to inclusion and diversity.
Mesosphere is leading the enterprise transformation toward distributed computing and hybrid cloud. We combine the rich capability you get from public cloud providers with the freedom and control of choosing your own infrastructure.
Mesosphere DC/OS is the premier platform for building, deploying, and elastically scaling modern applications and big data. DC/OS makes running containers, data services, and microservices easy across your own hardware and cloud instances.
Mesosphere helps businesses accelerate time to market, ensure resilient applications, and save on cloud and infrastructure costs. Backed by T. Rowe Price, Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, HPE, Data Collective, and Fuel Capital, Mesosphere is headquartered in San Francisco with a second office in Hamburg, Germany.