Solutions Architects work as members of our Professional Services Team, and engage with customers on-site and remotely across the region. We are seeking exceptional individuals with strong client consulting experience and a broad/deep range of technical skills.
Engagements Range From The Following
- Designing Kubernetes as a Service platforms
- Application modernisation, from monoliths to microservices
- Data & analytics solutions leveraging big data tech
- Product setup, configuration, troubleshooting
- Knowledge transfer and technical enablement
We work completely cross sector including; telecoms, finance, retail and manufacturing, which gives you access to a range of exciting transformative use cases. One week you could be working on the IoT solution for a new range electric vehicles and another could be for a multi-use case analytics platform leveraging all of the big data tech available.
An ideal candidate will have experience working with containerized applications, public cloud providers & big data technologies. You'll work with Ansible or other configuration management tooling and have a sound grounding in shell, Python and or Go to allow you to develop tooling and solutions on the fly.
You'll not only work with customers, but with a wide range of other teams including; product management, customer support & engineering. We all work together to drive customer and company success and your input is critical to both.
You want to speak at leading industry conferences? you got it. You want to develop a feature with the Product team? Absolutely. You want to become a subject matter expert and train the global team? Yes please. We're looking to hire people who go that extra mile and raise everyone else with them.
If you have all of the following, that would be amazing! but let's be realistic, this is the range of skills that can be required. Even if you don't have something, apply, we have comprehensive training and put our team through the DC/OS and Certified Kubernetes Administrator certification.
- Kubernetes (Development, Deployment, administration etc.)
- Container technologies (Docker, etc.)
- Container orchestration (DC/OS, Mesos, Kubernetes)
- Big data tech (Cassandra, Spark, Hadoop etc.)
- Messaging queues (e.g. Kafka, 0MQ, RabbitMQ)
- One or more of Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- System administration (major Linux distributions)
- Network architecture (routing, load balancing, firewalls, VLANs)
- Virtualization (VMWare, KVM)
- PAAS technologies (OpenShift, Cloud Foundry etc.)
- Public cloud administration (AWS, Azure, GCE, AliCloud)
- Configuration management [Ansible, Puppet, Salt]
- Programming/scripting languages/frameworks [Shell, Python, Go, Java, Spring Boot]
You will be successful in this role if you
- Are comfortable traveling to customer sites up to 50-65% of your time
- Are comfortable working remotely
- Can quickly learn new technologies (DC/OS, big data tech etc.)
- Have a consulting background and are comfortable working directly with customers
- Have experience gathering and understanding customer business requirements
- Have programming proficiency in Python, Go, Java
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Have good presentations skills in front of a senior technical audience
- Consistently deliver to project deadlines
- BA/BS in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- 3+ years in a professional services/consulting/development role
- Prefer to have previous professional experience as a software engineer
- Competitive salary - we pay well for the best people
- Variable bonus based on defined objectives
- An annual training budget to expand your skills
- Defined career paths to upgrade yourself and your benefits