Would you like to build a digital product already helping thousands of people with mental health challenges – possibly millions within a few years?
Meru Health is setting the new standard in mental healthcare with the most comprehensive online mental health solution for depression, burnout, and anxiety. We are on a mission to help 10 million people recover from mental health ailments by 2027, by utilising the latest science and technology. If you are looking for a place where your work has a strong impact on people’s lives, we invite you to join us on our mission.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Product team in Helsinki.
FEW REASON WHY ENGINEERS LOVE WORKING AT MERU HEALTH:
- Tech stack: Modern tech stack that allows you to contribute cross teams and grow from one area to another and expand your skills (React/React Native, TypeScript, Node.js, GraphQL, PostgreSQL, Google Cloud Platform)
- Ownership: True end to end ownership of the features. Engineers own features from architecture to deployment
- Frequent releases: Every engineer can create new app & backend versions. Most of the process is automated. Our focus is on frequent releases, typically weekly for the app and daily for services.
- High test coverage: We do quality development - that is why we invest in automated testing. You will have much less stress releasing new stuff knowing nothing important will break.
TEAM STRUCTURE & WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
You will be a part of our Product team of 10 people. You will work alongside other Software Engineers, Designers, and Product managers. This is a full stack position, where you will work on new features from inception to production as well as maintenance. Your main tech stack will consist of TypeScript, Node.js, React/React Native, GraphQL and PostgreSQL. The team uses agile methodology and works in two weeks sprints.
As a senior team member, we hope that in addition to solving complex technical challenges you will help your teammates overcome obstacles and resolve blockers and implement practices that grow the capabilities of the team as a whole.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES WILL FOCUS ON:
- Improving our patient and therapist facing digital mental health products (mobile app and web applications) using the following technologies: React/React Native, TypeScript, Node.js, GraphQL, PostgreSQL, Google Cloud Platform
- Working closely with our designers and product managers to implement user-centered and scalable technical solutions
- Troubleshooting and fixing technical issues in live systems that our users may be experiencing
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE:
- Alignment with our values and passion for our mission
- You have a deep understanding of either web or mobile platforms, relational databases, security UX patterns and software development best practices
- You are driven to learn and develop. We are always trying to work with the best tools and methodologies, and hope you too are motivated to learn and apply new concepts
- You are excited about writing well-tested code and strive to find new ways to keep the codebase more maintainable
WHY YOU’D WANT TO JOIN US:
- Mission with strong social impact. You will be making a significant impact on people’s lives. See how you can be helping those struggling with mental health: https://www.meruhealth.com/reviews. Be part of changing the way we treat and care for mental health challenges.
- Supportive and talented colleagues to work with. Work alongside an international & multicultural team where the practice of inclusion & psychological safety are paramount for transparency, collaboration, creativity and diversity of thought.
- We invest in your wellbeing. We practice what we preach. In addition to wellness and lunch benefits, flexible working hours and weekly breakfasts you will have access to Meru’s mental health program.
- Small everyday things that make the difference. We offer modern working tools, budget for home office equipment, phone bill and internet compensation, extra holiday for your birthday, and other perks to make your everyday life a little better.
Not sure if you should apply? Please keep reading...
Research shows that women and other marginalised folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
HOW TO APPLY:
Could this position be your next career step? Great, apply by filling the application with a few clicks below!
If you have any questions about the position, process or next steps don’t hesitate to contact Anna from the People team: firstname.lastname@example.org or +358 40 183 4114
MORE ABOUT MERU HEALTH:
Meru Health is growing fast to meet the rapidly increasing demand for mental health services. We are on a mission to help 10 million people recover from mental health ailments by 2027. We partner with healthcare organisations, large employers and insurance companies who understand the need to offer comprehensive mental healthcare to members or employees, and to meet challenges so many people face with trying to access mental health care services.
We are scientists, engineers and experienced entrepreneurs who have come together to make mental healthcare accessible, effective and truly outcome-driven. Our mission is more than business, it’s personal. Our founders have lost friends and family members to depression, and we want to build a highly effective mobile treatment widely accessible to people in need.
At Meru Health, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it, as a source of human creativity and richness of life, for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community.
Get to know us and our culture:
Check out the science and research behind what we do:
See e.g. these video testimonials to get an idea of the impact our work is already having on thousands of lives: