Would you like to build a digital product already helping THOUSANDS of people with mental health challenges – possibly millions within a few years?
Meru Health is setting the new standard in mental healthcare with the most comprehensive online mental health solution for depression, burnout, and anxiety. We are on a mission to help 10 million people recover from mental health ailments by 2027, by utilising the latest science and technology. If you are looking for a place where your work has a strong impact on people’s lives, we invite you to join us on our mission.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Product team.
WHY YOU’D WANT TO JOIN US:
- Mission with strong social impact. You will be making a significant impact on people’s lives. See how you can be helping those struggling with mental health: https://www.meruhealth.com/reviews. Be part of changing the way we treat and care for mental health challenges — not just treating symptoms but addressing root causes and empowering people to heal and thrive.
- Supportive and talented colleagues to work with. We are an international team of individuals who care about the wellbeing of each other and the world. We embody diversity, inclusion, integrity, empathy, compassion and high emotional intelligence.
- We invest in your development. Your continuous development is important for us and we make sure you have opportunities to improve your skills, e.g. through classes and training of your choice.
- We invest in your wellbeing. We practise what we preach. In addition to wellness and lunch benefits, flexible working hours and weekly breakfasts you will have access to Meru’s mental health program.
- Growth company. They say that your growth and learning doubles in growth companies. In order to achieve the highest impact we give our employees space for freedom and creativity, as well as ownership and responsibility.
- Small everyday things that make the difference. We offer modern working tools, budget for home office equipment, phone bill and internet compensation, extra holiday for your birthday, and other perks to make your everyday life a little better.
TEAM STRUCTURE & WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
You will be a part of a team consisting of two Software Engineers, one Designer and one Product manager. You will also be a part of a bigger Product team of 20 with more Software Engineers, Designers, User Researches, Data Engineers and Product managers as your colleagues. This is a backend heavy fullstack position, where you will work on new features from inception to production as well as maintenance. Your main tech stack will consist of TypeScript, Node.js, GraphQL and PostgreSQL. The team uses Scrum and works in two weeks sprints.
As a senior team member, we hope that in addition to solving complex technical challenges you will help your teammates overcome obstacles and resolve blockers and implement practices that grow the capabilities of the team as a whole.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES WILL FOCUS ON:
- Improving our patient and therapist facing systems with TypeScript, Node.js, GraphQL, PostgreSQL that has a significant impact on people’s lives
- Working closely with our designers and product managers to implement user-centered and scalable technical solutions
- Creating features with React in the Therapist Dashboard that automate many standard interactions and enabling therapists to focus on actual therapy work
- Troubleshooting and fixing technical issues in live systems that our users may be experiencing
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE:
- Alignment with our values and passion for our mission
- You have a deep understanding of either web or mobile platforms, relational databases, security UX patterns and software development best practices
- You are driven to learn and develop. We are always trying to work with the best tools and methodologies, and hope you too are motivated to learn and apply new concepts
- You are excited about writing well-tested code and strive to find new ways to keep the codebase more maintainable
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
In 90 days we expect you to be fully onboarded with your daily tasks. You are familiar with good engineering practices, git conventions and have successfully developed and deployed to production one new functional feature. In 6 months you will be a primary expert on your team’s systems and understand the broad company level architecture.You feel comfortable in mentoring and supporting your more junior colleagues. In one year you will understand the company’s broad system architecture, the environments other teams operate in and how to take us forward on a company level. You might lead long-term technology improvements both in your team and the problem space that they work in.
Not sure if you should apply? Please keep reading...
Research shows that women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
HOW TO APPLY:
Could this position be your next career step? Great, apply by filling the application with a few clicks below!
MORE ABOUT MERU HEALTH:
Meru Health is growing fast to meet the rapidly increasing demand for mental health services. We are on a mission to help 10 million people recover from mental health ailments by 2027. We partner with healthcare organisations, large employers and insurance companies who understand the need to offer comprehensive mental healthcare to members or employees, and to meet challenges so many people face with trying to access mental health care services.
We are scientists, engineers and experienced entrepreneurs who have come together to make mental healthcare accessible, effective and truly outcome-driven. Our mission is more than business, it’s personal. Our founders have lost friends and family members to depression, and we want to build a highly effective mobile treatment widely accessible to people in need.
At Meru Health, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it, as a source of human creativity and richness of life, for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community.
Get to know us and our culture:
Check out the science and research behind what we do:
See e.g. these video testimonials to get an idea of the impact our work is already having on thousands of lives: