Would you like to build a digital product already helping THOUSANDS of people with mental health challenges – possibly millions within a few years? We at Meru Health (name inspired by the documentary Meru) are on a mission to empower 10 million people suffering from mental health challenges by 2027.
If you are looking for a place where your work has a strong impact on people’s lives, we invite you to join us on our mission.
We are looking for a SENIOR UX/UI DESIGNER to join our team. This is a hybrid role, where you can flexibly work from home as well as our modern and spacious office in Kamppi shopping center.
WHY YOU’D WANT TO JOIN US:
There are many reasons why Meru is a great place to work and grow, but below are few main ones why you’d want to join us:
- Mission with strong social impact. You will be making a significant impact on people’s lives. See how you can be helping those struggling with mental health: https://www.meruhealth.com/reviews. Be part of changing the way we treat and care for mental health challenges — not just treating symptoms but addressing root causes and empowering people to heal and thrive.
- Supportive and talented colleagues to work with. We are an international team of individuals who care about the wellbeing of each other and the world. We embody diversity, inclusion, integrity, empathy, compassion and high emotional intelligence.
- We invest in your development. Your continuous development is important for us and we make sure you have opportunities to improve your skills, e.g. through classes and training of your choice.
- We invest in your wellbeing. We practise what we preach. In addition to wellness and lunch benefits, flexible working hours and weekly breakfasts you will have access to Meru’s mental health program.
- Growth company. In order to achieve the highest impact we give our employees space for freedom and creativity, as well as ownership and responsibility. Which is a great environment to take your skills to the next level.
- Small everyday things that make the difference. We offer modern working tools, budget for home office equipment, phone bill and internet compensation, extra holiday for your birthday, and other perks to make your everyday life a little better.
TEAM STRUCTURE & WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
As a SENIOR UX/UI DESIGNER you’ll impact our strategy, roadmaps, and how we grow as a team. You will be a part of our Clinical Workflow team where you will focus on empowering Meru Health’s therapists and coaches in helping thousands of people receive high quality mental healthcare.
See these testimonial videos and comments to get an idea of how our treatment program works and the impact it is having on thousands of lives: https://www.meruhealth.com/reviews
Your team has a dedicated Product Manager as well as designers and developers. You will also be working closely with our therapist and coaches and have the support of our data analysts and user researchers.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES WILL FOCUS ON:
- Owning and being responsible for the continuous development of our provider dashboard, which is used by our therapists and coaches to support our patients. Their workflows include monitoring about 80+ participants at a time, prioritizing support activities, communicating with individual participants and more.
- Gathering insights from our coaches and therapists, and then co-designing UIs that improve their tools and caregiving experience. The scope of your work will span across all stages of design of product development.
- Understanding the KPIs related to providing high quality of care at scale, and designing final dashboard feature UIs for the same.
- Mapping multiple different roles’ workflows as part of the Meru Care ecosystem. Currently this primarily refers to therapists and coaches, but also includes roles like therapist supervision, customer support etc.
- Finding ways to help a growing team of clinical professionals learn how to use their dashboard, prioritize efficiently and keep a strong personal bond with their patients.
- Collaborating regularly with the patient experience and content teams to understand and improve the service across touchpoints as a whole.
- Running workshops with different stakeholders to identify pain points and co-design and test solutions.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE:
- Alignment with our values and passion for our mission
- 5+ years of experience in UX design, with a clear focus on UI design
- Deep understanding of how to design user experiences and workflows that support desired outcomes
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills. Turning insights into impact is a key
- A hands-on, solution-oriented approach: ability to solve problems with limited resources while also improving ways of working.
- Compassion and a team player mentality
- Some flexibility with work hours (our primary operations are in the US, while our product team is based in Helsinki)
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
It will take you a few months to get oriented and to fully understand the scope of the problems you will be solving at Meru. During these months your colleagues Tuomas (Head of Product Design) and Disha (Head of Service Design) will be supporting you closely. After three months we will expect you to be able to work on smaller problems independently. After 6 months we expect you to understand our provider ecosystem and be able to contribute fully independently. As a senior team member, we hope that in addition to solving complex challenges you will help your teammates overcome obstacles and resolve blockers and implement practices that grow the capabilities of the team as a whole.
Not sure if you should apply? Please keep reading...
Research shows that women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
HOW TO APPLY:
Could this position be your next career step? Great, apply by filling the application with a few clicks below!
MORE ABOUT MERU HEALTH:
Meru Health is growing fast to meet the rapidly increasing demand for mental health services. We are on a mission to help 10 million people recover from mental health ailments by 2027. We partner with healthcare organizations, large employers and insurance companies who understand the need to offer comprehensive mental healthcare to members or employees, and to meet challenges so many people face with trying to access mental health care services.
We are scientists, engineers and experienced entrepreneurs who have come together to make mental healthcare accessible, effective and truly outcome-driven. Our mission is more than business, it’s personal. Our founders have lost friends and family members to depression, and we want to build a highly effective mobile treatment widely accessible to people in need.
At Meru Health, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it, as a source of human creativity and richness of life, for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community.
Get to know us and our culture:
Check out the science and research behind what we do:
See e.g. these video testimonials to get an idea of the impact our work is already having on thousands of lives: