Employment Type: Full-Time, Exempt, Executive
The Senior Vice President of Operations is a newly created role to help us scale. In order to be considered for this role, you must be passionate about mental health, aligned with our mission and values, and have experience scaling an organization from 100s to 1000s. This person will be taking over our treatment business operations and a lot of what the COO has helped build out thus far. You will be taking over some of the COO's direct reports as well as overseeing the operations within the Clinical, Medical, and Operations departments. In order to succeed, you must be able to deal with uncertainty, create scalable solutions, think outside of the box and lead with compassion.
WHY YOU WANT TO JOIN MERU HEALTH:
- Culture: Surround yourself with a team of individuals who care most about the wellbeing of each other and the world — embodying diversity, inclusion, integrity, empathy, compassion, and high emotional intelligence
- Mission: Join a team that is changing the way we treat and care for mental health challenges — not just treating symptoms, but addressing root causes and empowering people to heal and thrive
- Impact: Our treatment results are better than the current standard of care while our therapists can treat 6-8x more people than in "traditional" F2F telehealth settings
- Growth: In 2020, we saw unprecedented demand. Our patient volumes grew 10x while we scaled our team from 30 → 100+
- Lead: Work closely with our Founder & COO + the senior leadership team to help us improve & scale our operations sustainably from 100 to 1000+ team members
- Ownership: 4 to 5 weeks PTO + flexible working schedule
We are looking for someone who's truly passionate about our mission and leading operations here at Meru Health! Building a technology-enabled health care company is extremely complex and challenging. If you want to work on something really hard and meaningful, Meru Health is the right fit for you.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
- Oversee Meru Health’s care delivery (care delivery, care coordination, logistics), legal, compliance & regulatory teams
- Manage daily operation to maximize speed-to-market, quality, and efficiency while minimizing costs.
- Lead cross-functional projects and teams
- Improve unit economics & margin
- Ensure delivery against customer contracts
- Define, monitor and improve key company operational metrics while maintaining adequate stability during extremely rapid growth
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Alignment with our values
- Experience leading teams in rapid growth, early-stage company(ies)
- Highly organized and independent strategic thinker
- Comfortable navigating and dealing with ambiguity
- Bias for action
- You are able to get things done on your own while helping your team to excel
- Humility & a people-centered leader
- Healthcare industry experience is a big plus
TOTAL REWARDS PACKAGE:
- Negotiable depending on experience, geographic location, and fit. It's really all about finding the right fit and taking it from there
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance
- 4 weeks PTO the first year → 5 weeks PTO thereafter + 15 paid US holidays
- Internet expense reimbursement
- $400 Wellness stipend
- $250 Home Office stipend
- Full access for yourself + 2 family members or friends to the clinically proven Meru Health 12-week holistic treatment program AND our new Coaching program (renews annually!)
- An opportunity to learn and grow extremely fast with a world-class team & partners
- A multi-cultural, inclusive, and passionate team
- Access to a community of brilliant, kind, compassionate, driven, and humble clinicians
- Hosted local company off-sites/get-togethers (in COVID19 safe outdoor environments for the time being, of course!)
- Much more coming very soon!
MORE ABOUT MERU HEALTH:
Meru Health is a technology-enabled healthcare company offering a comprehensive and holistic solution for participants to recover from/heal burnout, depression, and anxiety. Our 12-week mobile treatment program includes mindfulness and CBT practices, HRV Biofeedback, sleep medicine, nutritional psychiatry, and daily remote support on weekdays from our highly skilled team of licensed therapists. We've proven the efficacy of our approach in 4 peer-reviewed studies and we have two additional papers in peer-review.
Meru Health is growing fast to meet the rapidly increasing demand for mental health services. We are on a mission to help 10 million people recover from mental health ailments by 2027. We partner with healthcare organizations, large employers and insurance companies who understand the need to offer comprehensive mental health care to members or employees, and to meet challenges so many people face with trying to access mental health care services.
Leading insurance companies & employers such as Cigna, MGM Resorts, Aspen Ski Company, UCSF, Stanford Health Care and Comcast have selected Meru Health as their Mental Health provider. Additionally, we work with leading research institutions such as Stanford, Harvard to publish cutting-edge science advancing the mental health field.
From an organizational perspective, Meru is a flat and non-hierarchical company with Scandinavian/Nordic roots and with a high degree of independence and trust. This means that we look for people to join the company who are highly self-driven and act like entrepreneurs. This also means we expect a lot and also give a lot of freedom and room for creativity.
At Meru Health, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate, support, and thrive on them as a source of human creativity and richness of life, for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community. Meru Health is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Watch this brief 1-minute animation to learn more about how our program works.
Get to know us and our culture.
Check out the science and research behind what we do.