Remote in the United States
Mercy For Animals aims to construct a compassionate food system by reducing suffering and ending the exploitation of animals for food. We envision a world where animals are respected, protected, and free
As a leading farmed animal advocacy organization, we know that achieving this goal requires a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment—one that welcomes and sparks new perspectives and innovative ideas. If you are passionate about our mission, driven to make a big impact for animals, and eager to be part of a dedicated team, join us!
We are currently seeking a campaign specialist to join our corporate engagement team. In this role, you will plan and execute sustained-pressure campaigns to effectively influence public opinion and motivate major corporations to adopt animal welfare policies or increase the market share of plant-based foods.
You will do invaluable work:
- Work with the team leader to develop and execute effective campaign strategies for working with the food industry to secure and implement animal welfare commitments or to increase market share of plant-based foods in the United States and Canada
- Research key details of major corporations, including corporate structure, history, animal welfare standards, menu items, leadership, social media handles, and affiliates
- Work with corporate relations staff to foster coordination between the campaigns and outreach teams
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date, and consistent campaign materials that are compliant with internal legal, editorial, and messaging standards
- Maintain relationships with other nonprofit organizations driving food industry policy changes
- Collaborate with other departments at Mercy For Animals to manage the creation and execution of campaign materials, including videos, websites, advertisements, demonstrations, and public relations materials
- Represent Mercy For Animals during on-the-ground actions, such as demonstrations, and other events
- Adhere to all organizational policies and procedures
- Perform any other duties assigned
Your qualifications will take our corporate engagement to the next level:
- Minimum of one year of professional experience in corporate relations, campaigning, issue advocacy, project management, sales, or related area
- Strong organizational, time-management, and project-management skills
- Self-motivation, resourcefulness, and creative research skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate professionally and persuasively
- Superior written and spoken communication skills
- Comfort with confrontation and public advocacy
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Commitment and openness to continued personal and organizational growth in diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice principles
About Your Team Leader
Your team leader, Chelsie Schadt, is Mercy For Animals’ senior corporate campaigns manager. Working in the animal protection movement for nearly 10 years, Chelsie is passionate about fighting for the rights of farmed animals and has an especially soft spot for chickens. Chelsie shares her home with her partner, Bill, and their two pups, Dex and Lupin. Chelsie loves reading, crafts, and spending time with her family.
Compensation and Benefits (nonexempt)
Earn an hourly wage of $21–$23 (annual salary of $43,000–$48,000), depending on qualifications. In addition to a collaborative and innovative work environment, you will be able to take part in our benefits package, including no- or low-cost health, vision, and dental insurance; generous paid time off and sick leave; and 401(k) retirement plan, with a dollar-to-dollar employer match of up to 3 percent of your annual earnings.
We consider traditional and nontraditional qualifications and carefully review each application, resume, and cover letter. Feel encouraged to go outside a traditional cover letter and state how you would add to our culture; what we would gain from having you on our team; and how you align with our organizational vision, mission, and values.
Our Commitment to You
Mercy For Animals is a globally minded organization. We are committed to the principles of equity and justice, and our culture celebrates authenticity—enabling every team member to shine. All employment decisions are based solely on individual qualifications, job needs, and job requirements, and potential team members of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, veteran status, and ability are encouraged to apply. We strive to include candidates from historically marginalized communities and those from or in communities impacted by environmental, social, and economic injustice.
Come as you are, and help us transform our society and construct a truly compassionate food system.