Remote in the United States

Mercy For Animals aims to construct a compassionate food system by reducing suffering and ending the exploitation of animals for food. We envision a world where animals are respected, protected, and free.

As a leading farmed animal advocacy organization, we know that achieving this goal requires a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment—one that welcomes and sparks new perspectives and innovative ideas. If you are passionate about our mission, driven to make a big impact for animals, and eager to be part of a dedicated team, join us!

We are currently seeking a service desk technician (level 2) to join our logistics team. 

You will do invaluable work:

• Provide remote technical assistance and support for concerns or issues related to systems, software, or hardware
  • Complete assigned support requests daily
  • Manage day-to-day tasks relating to the general administration of the Mercy For Animals U.S. office and our global virtual tools
  • Respond to all incoming correspondence to Mercy For Animals, including voicemails, emails, phone calls, and physical mail, as well as handle incoming and outgoing shipments as needed
  • Maintain and administer the organization’s electronics inventory, manage software licenses, and complete related onboarding and offboarding duties for all U.S. and Canadian team members
  • Schedule, coordinate, and host organization-wide team meetings
  • Oversee organization-wide standard operating procedures while maintaining up-to-date materials on the Mercy For Animals intranet
  • Proactively offer process-improvement suggestions and opportunities 
  • Assist with special projects as needed
  • Adhere to all organizational policies and procedures
  • Perform any other duties assigned by team leader

Your qualifications will take our logistics team to the next level:

• Two or more years of relevant experience in technical assistance, support, and administration
  • Proficiency in office software, including Google Workspace and MacOS
  • Demonstrated problem-solving and troubleshooting proficiency with MacOS or Google OS
  • Willingness to learn a variety of processes and the use of new software
  • Ability to work well in a team, take direction, demonstrate initiative, respond calmly under stress, manage conflict effectively, and represent Mercy For Animals professionally and zealously
  • Self-motivation and comfort prioritizing responsibilities with minimal direction and guidance 
  • Superior written and spoken communication skills and strong interpersonal skills 
  • Orientation to detail and well-organized work style
  • Availability to travel as needed
  • Support for Mercy For Animals’ philosophy and the ability to professionally advocate Mercy For Animals’ position on issues
  • Commitment to the mission and values of the organization
  • Commitment and openness to continued personal and organizational growth in diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice principles

About Your Team Leader

Your team leader, Jorge (he/him), joined Mercy For Animals almost five years ago. He values freedom, equity, and strong relationships in the workplace. Jorge leads with fairness, authenticity, transparency, and a focus on problem solving, and he strongly believes that work should—and can—also be fun.

Compensation and Benefits 

Earn an hourly wage of $24–$27 (annual salary of $51,000–$57,000), depending on qualifications. In addition to a collaborative and innovative work environment, you will be able to take part in our benefits package, including no- or low-cost health, vision, and dental insurance; generous paid time off and sick leave; and 401(k) retirement plan, with a dollar-to-dollar employer match of up to 3 percent of your annual earnings.

Application Details

We consider traditional and nontraditional qualifications and carefully review each application, resume, and cover letter. Feel encouraged to go outside a traditional cover letter and state how you would add to our culture; what we would gain from having you on our team; and how you align with our organizational vision, mission, and values. 

Our Commitment to You

Mercy For Animals is a globally minded organization. We are committed to the principles of equity and justice, and our culture celebrates authenticity—enabling every team member to shine. All employment decisions are based solely on individual qualifications, job needs, and job requirements, and potential team members of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, veteran status, and ability are encouraged to apply. We strive to include candidates from historically marginalized communities and those from or in communities impacted by environmental, social, and economic injustice. 

Come as you are, and help us transform our society and construct a truly compassionate food system.

By submitting your information, you are indicating that you have read our Privacy Policy and accept its terms.

Apply for this Job

* Required

US/CA Demographic Survey Questions

Mercy For Animals’ mission is to construct a compassionate food system by reducing suffering and ending the exploitation of animals for food. We envision a world where animals are respected, protected, and free to pursue their own interests.

We know that achieving this mission requires a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment––one that welcomes and sparks new perspectives and innovative ideas within an equitable and just framework.

We are committed to the principles of diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice (DEIJ) and our culture respects authenticity, enabling every team member to be their best self.

We hold ourselves accountable to this commitment and would like to invite you to participate in a voluntary demographic questionnaire. The information you provide is confidential and will be used (in aggregate only) to help us continuously assess and improve our recruiting and hiring practices to be more inclusive and equitable.  

Providing this information is completely voluntary and will not be associated with your application, nor used in the hiring process or decision in any way.

*For purposes of this survey, a person with a physical and/or mentality disability is someone who (1) has a physical or mental impairment which substantially limits one or more major life activities; (2) has a record of such an impairment; or (3) is regarded as having such an impairment. This definition is provided by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended (29 U.S.C. 701, et seq.).

I am a person with a physical and/or mental disability*: (Select one)

I am a Veteran: (Select one)

I would describe my ethnicity as: (Mark all that apply)

I would describe my race as: (Mark all that apply)

I would describe my gender as: (Mark all that apply)

I would describe my sexual orientation as: (Mark all that apply)

My highest level of education is: (Mark all that apply)

My age is: (Select one)

My Caregiver Status is: (Mark all that apply)