Remote in the United States (Los Angeles Preferred)
Mercy For Animals aims to construct a compassionate food system by reducing suffering and ending the exploitation of animals for food. We envision a world where animals are respected, protected, and free.
As a leading farmed animal advocacy organization, we know that achieving this goal requires a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment—one that welcomes and sparks new perspectives and innovative ideas. If you are passionate about our mission, driven to make a big impact for animals, and eager to be part of a dedicated team, join us!
We are currently seeking a rewards and relations manager to join our people operations team. In this role, you will design and implement total rewards and team-member relations strategy, including compensation and benefits, people-operations policies and procedures, team-member data and relations, performance management, onboarding, and offboarding.
You will do invaluable work:
- Partner with the SVP of people operations to design and implement Mercy For Animals’ HRIS, total rewards, performance management, and team-member relations strategies in alignment with our organizational strategy
- Lead the rewards and relations team
- Partner with the senior leadership team to identify, implement, and communicate a consistent and equitable compensation philosophy
- Conduct annual compensation reviews to ensure alignment with our compensation philosophy
- Review, approve, and implement individual pay increases in alignment with our compensation philosophy
- Prepare and process semimonthly, multistate payroll for Mercy For Animals USA and monthly payroll for Mercy For Animals Canada
- Implement and manage our benefit plan
- Conduct benefit reviews as necessary, as well as recommend and implement changes to our benefit plan as needed
- Manage COBRA enrollment and reporting
- Manage individual short-term, long-term, family and medical, and related leaves of absence
- Manage all required reporting and prepare, collect, or distribute all required team-member paperwork
- Partner with the SVP of people operations, the legal team, and people-operations managers in other regions to create, review, and update all Mercy For Animals people-operations policies and procedures, including handbooks
- Serve as point of contact and respond to and meet with team members who have questions about their benefits, personnel files, and internal conflict resolution
- Investigate and resolve team-member relations issues and complaints
- Partner with the talent development manager to ensure that organizational and governmental HR policies, HR-related trainings, and benefit-enrollment information sessions are delivered to all team members as needed
- Oversee the maintenance of our HRIS to ensure accurate data and maximize team-member satisfaction
- Oversee all on- and offboarding activities, including payroll and processing required paperwork
- Prepare and distribute internal communications regarding compensation, benefits, performance management, individual taxes, team-member rights and responsibilities, and any other relevant personnel policies
- Review developments in HR, benefits, payroll trends, policies, and laws in the United States and Canada and recommend areas for improvement
- Perform other duties as assigned
Your qualifications will take our rewards and relations to the next level:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or a related field (or equivalent work experience)
- More than three years’ experience in human resources, specifically payroll and benefits administration, performance management, team-member relations, and HRIS management
- PHR, SHRM-CP, or equivalent certification (preferred)
- Extensive knowledge of federal and state employment and payroll laws and practices, specifically California employment law
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including effective listening skills
- Proven track record of strong personal ownership and sharp focus on quality of work
- Ability to work independently and follow through on projects with minimal direction
- Persistence in problem-solving, with a positive, action-oriented attitude
- Proven skill in establishing rapport and building trust
- Comfort with giving and receiving feedback and following a disagree-and-commit approach
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate
- Commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Commitment to continued personal and organizational growth in diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice principles
About Your Team Leader
Your team leader, Melanie (she/her), joined Mercy For Animals about three years ago, bringing more than 13 years of experience in human resources with her. She leads with passion and authenticity and likes to build strong, trusting relationships. For Melanie, connectedness comes first and performance second (a strong second though), and she doesn’t believe either can be sacrificed for the other. Melanie strongly values empowerment, ownership, and accountability, and she expects these to be nurtured in her as she nurtures them in others. She values transparency and honesty as well; in her mind, there’s always a way if you’ve got those covered.
Melanie also likes to be silly.
Compensation and Benefits
Earn an annual salary of $51,000–$57,000, depending on qualifications, and enjoy a commute-free life as a remote team member. In addition to a collaborative and innovative work environment, you will be able to take part in our benefits package, including no- or low-cost health, vision, and dental insurance; generous paid time off and sick leave; and a 401(k) retirement plan, with a dollar-to-dollar employer match of up to 3 percent of your annual salary.
We consider traditional and nontraditional qualifications and carefully review each application, resume, and cover letter. Feel encouraged to go outside a traditional cover letter and state how you would add to our culture; what we would gain from having you on our team; and how you align with our organizational vision, mission, and values.
Our Commitment to You
Mercy For Animals is a globally minded organization. We are committed to the principles of equity and justice, and our culture celebrates authenticity—enabling every team member to shine. All employment decisions are based solely on individual qualifications, job needs, and job requirements, and potential team members of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, veteran status, and ability are encouraged to apply. We strive to include candidates from historically marginalized communities and those from or in communities impacted by environmental, social, and economic injustice.
Come as you are, and help us transform our society and construct a truly compassionate food system.