Full-Time, Remote in the United States
Mercy For Animals aims to construct a compassionate food system by reducing suffering and ending the exploitation of animals for food. We envision a world where animals are respected and protected.
As a leading farmed animal advocacy organization, we know that achieving this goal requires a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment—one that welcomes and sparks new perspectives and innovative ideas. If you are passionate about our mission, driven to make a big impact for animals, and eager to be part of a dedicated team, join us!
We are currently seeking a social engagement specialist to join our communications team. In this role, you will manage engagement on Mercy For Animals’ U.S. social media pages, including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter; monitor social media and respond to comments and queries; steward relationships with social media influencers and internet personalities; and help maintain and grow Mercy For Animals’ social media presence.
You will do invaluable work:
- Manage engagement on Mercy For Animals’ U.S. social media pages, including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Respond to comments and social media queries in a timely manner
- Regularly monitor social media pages and report on feedback and online reviews
- Serve as liaison between Mercy For Animals and social media supporters
- Work closely with the senior content manager to develop and execute social media strategy
- Help manage social media during live events
- Help create or prepare content for distribution on social media, including blog posts, photos, and photo memes
- Steward relationships with social media influencers and internet personalities in collaboration with the celebrity relations manager
- Monitor and engage with social media mentions of Mercy For Animals by celebrities
- Help track click-thru rates, blog views, and other social media metrics of engagement
- Travel as necessary to attend social media industry conferences
- Adhere to all organizational policies and procedures
- Perform any other duties assigned
Your qualifications will take our social engagement to the next level:
- Minimum two years’ experience in social media advocacy
- Outstanding written and spoken communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of plant-based eating and farmed animal issues
- Thorough knowledge of or willingness to learn Google Analytics and related measurement software, tools, and procedures
- Commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Commitment to personal, organizational, and movement-wide growth in diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice principles
Is this the right fit? Absolutely, if this sounds like you:
I’m a strong communicator who is passionate about animal protection and intersectional justice. I’m highly attentive to detail and able to manage multiple priorities.
About Your Team Leader
Your team leader, Sarah (they/she), is the senior content manager for the United States. Before coming to work full time in 2011, they volunteered with the organization for several years, assisting with local outreach and public education projects.
Sarah possesses a wealth of institutional knowledge and feels privileged to have worn multiple hats since starting full time, including ones related to volunteer outreach, humane education, digital advocacy, and public speaking.
Sarah strongly values open communication, teamwork, and a solutions-orientated approach while encouraging autonomy and innovation.
Outside Mercy For Animals, they enjoy traveling; cooking up delicious vegan food; and spending time outdoors with their rescue pup, Frannie.
Compensation and Benefits
Earn an hourly wage of $21–$23, depending on qualifications. In addition to a collaborative and innovative work environment, you will be able to take part in our benefits package, including no- or low-cost health, vision, and dental insurance; generous paid time off and sick leave; and a 401(k) retirement plan with a dollar-to-dollar employer match of up to 3 percent of your annual earnings.
We consider traditional and nontraditional qualifications. Feel encouraged to go outside a traditional cover letter and state how you would add to our culture; what we would gain from having you on our team; and how you align with our organizational vision, mission, and values.
Our Commitment to You
Mercy For Animals is a globally minded organization. We are committed to the principles of equity and justice, and our culture celebrates authenticity—enabling every team member to shine. All employment decisions are based solely on individual qualifications, job needs, and job requirements, and potential team members of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, veteran status, and ability are encouraged to apply. We strive to include candidates from historically marginalized communities and those from or in communities impacted by environmental, social, and economic injustice.
Come as you are, and help us transform our society and construct a truly compassionate food system.