Remote in the United States
Mercy For Animals aims to construct a compassionate food system by reducing suffering and ending the exploitation of animals for food. We envision a world where animals are respected, protected, and free to pursue their own interests.
As a leading farmed animal advocacy organization, we know that achieving this goal requires a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment—one that welcomes and sparks new perspectives and innovative ideas. If you are passionate about our mission, driven to make a big impact for animals, and eager to be part of a dedicated team, join us to help spread compassion around the globe.
We are currently seeking a gifts and data administrator to join our development team. In this position, you will help maintain accurate records and donation data in Salesforce. You will play a key role in our database operations and help streamline our internal processes so that we can focus more of our time on our mission.
You will do invaluable work:
- Oversee the timely processing of donation data and its accurate and regular entry into Salesforce
- Mass upload donation data into Salesforce for all Mercy For Animals offices from a number of platforms and payment gateways and manually enter data when necessary
- Maintain accurate biographical records in Salesforce, perform data cleanup, and duplicate merges as needed
- Manage gift entry for our workplace giving program and assist with our Double the Donation webpages, plugins, and email automation
- Oversee the donor acknowledgment process with a target acknowledgment window of 48 hours from donation receipt
- Attach all documentation to the relevant Salesforce records, especially when processing physical mail
- Enter new opportunities and data into Salesforce as requested by philanthropy officers
- Support the development and finance teams with the month-, quarter-, and year-end reconciliation processes
- Assist with supporter inquiries, from donation assistance to annual tax receipts
- Support year-end close, the annual external audit, and other finance inquiries
- Investigate and resolve any data irregularities in Salesforce or other donor databases, with a focus on data cleanliness and accuracy
- Adhere to all organizational policies and procedures
- Perform any other duties assigned
These qualities will benefit you in your role:
- Outstanding organizational skills
- A keen eye for detail and a passion for numbers
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong computer skills, including Excel/Google Sheets
- Ability to work creatively and effectively as a team member
- Friendly, positive, and service-oriented personality
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information
- Commitment to the mission and values of Mercy For Animals
- Openness to personal and organizational growth in the areas of diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice
The following skills are nice to have but not required:
- Experience with Salesforce or NPSP
Is this the right fit? Absolutely, if this sounds like you:
I am highly organized and self-motivated, with a talent for devising out-of-the-box solutions to complex problems. Globally minded, I am adept at culturally competent communications. As a vegan, I am passionate about the mission, vision, and values of Mercy For Animals.
About Your Team Leader
Your team leader joined Mercy For Animals in July 2020 as our advancement services manager. She came to us with a background in data analysis and database management in the progressive nonprofit space. A lifelong animal lover and environmentalist, she believes we will not create a more compassionate food system without an intersectional and inclusive movement. She values attention to detail, eagerness to learn, and out-of-the-box problem solving. As a manager, she’ll be dedicated to helping you achieve autonomy, mastery, and purpose at Mercy For Animals. She can’t wait to meet you and introduce you to her two Shetland sheepdogs.
Compensation and Benefits
Earn an annual salary of $50,000–$56,000, depending on qualifications, and enjoy a commute-free life as a remote team member. In addition to a collaborative and innovative work environment, you will be able to take part in our benefits package, including no- or low-cost health, vision, and dental insurance; generous paid time off and sick leave; and a 401(k) retirement plan with a dollar-to-dollar employer match of up to 3 percent of your salary.
We consider traditional and nontraditional qualifications and carefully review each application, resume, and cover letter. Feel free to step outside the traditional cover letter and describe how you would add to our culture; what we would gain from having you on our team; and how you align with our organizational vision, mission, and values.
Our Commitment to You
Mercy For Animals is a globally minded organization. We are committed to the principles of equity and justice, and our culture celebrates authenticity, enabling every team member to shine. All employment decisions are based solely on individual qualifications, job needs, and job requirements, and potential team members of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, veteran status, and ability are encouraged to apply. We strive to include candidates from historically marginalized communities and those from or in communities impacted by environmental, social, and economic injustice.
Come as you are, and help us transform our society and construct a truly compassionate food system.