Full Time, Remote in the United States
As content marketing specialist, you will create engaging and conversion-driven emails, website content, case studies, pitch decks, and other written content that will effectively communicate successes and opportunities to both internal and external stakeholders.
You will spearhead a mission to produce high-quality content that aligns with internal objectives, as well as editorial, legal, and messaging guidelines, in order to retain current advocates and to gain potential supporters.
You will do invaluable work:
- Distill heavily researched topics and reach users across multiple stages of the user journey (oblivious, intrigued, invested to advocate, and supporters)
- Cross-sell users on internal initiatives that may differ from their interests at point of entry (e.g., soliciting donations from someone initially engaged through institutional policy)
- Collaborate across departments: executive, government affairs and public policy, corporate engagement, development, investigations, editorial, and more
- Synthesize organizational voice and messaging across departments
- Adhere to all Mercy For Animals policies and procedures
Your qualifications will take our digital content to new heights:
- Bachelor’s in English, marketing, or communications (preferred)
- Minimum of two years’ experience in digital content creation
- Solid grasp of web-based user experience, web best practices, and site analytics, as well as SEO and digital marketing strategies and procedures
- Firm understanding of how copy is essential to a strong digital presence
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with experience communicating successes and opportunities to both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in tracking and post-project analysis to determine opportunities and iterate successes and creative learnings
- Experience or interest in online creative writing, animal welfare content, marketing, or advertising and managing various deliverables
- Commitment to the mission and values of the organization
Is this the right fit? Absolutely, if this sounds like you:
As a content marketing professional, I am adept at cross-functional communication, strongly attentive to detail, and passionate about digital marketing. I am driven to help protect animals and inspired by Mercy For Animals’ organizational vision.
Compensation and Benefits
Earn an hourly wage of $20.00–$22.00 (annual salary of $42,000–$46,000), depending on qualifications. In addition to a collaborative and innovative work environment, you will be able to take part in our benefits package, including no- or low-cost health, vision, and dental insurance; generous paid time off and sick leave; and 401(k) retirement plan, with a dollar-to-dollar employer match of up to 3 percent of your annual earnings.
We consider traditional and nontraditional qualifications, so be sure to clearly convey in your cover letter your general fit for the role, outlining relevant experience and your overall alignment with our organizational vision, mission, and values.
Mercy For Animals is a globally minded organization, and we value diverse perspectives and backgrounds. Potential team members of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability are encouraged to apply. We are committed to providing an inclusive, positive, respectful, safe, and supportive work environment where equal opportunities are available to all team members.