Los Angeles Office or Remote in the United States
As a graphic designer, you will support the mission and vision of Mercy For Animals by producing high-quality, compelling images and other design content for social media, websites, emails, brochures, donor materials, magazine issues, and organizational documents in a timely manner.
You will do highly creative and precise work:
- Assist in creating graphic layout of Compassionate Living magazine
- Collaborate with international teams to fulfill design requests
- Create development-related materials, including new-donor packets, email solicitations, websites, peer-to-peer services, and event materials
- Assist with graphic and creative layout of MercyForAnimals.org, ChooseVeg.com, investigations websites, and any other organizational website
- Work closely with the social media team to create weekly content for all Mercy For Animals online platforms
- Discover and create new recurring graphic formats to post on MercyForAnimals.org, social media channels, and graphic-sharing platforms
- Assist the merchandise department in creating compelling designs for products as well as email and social media advertisements
- Keep up to date on the digital landscape with intimate knowledge of the latest social media content and emerging technology and social media platforms
Your qualifications will take our creative work to the next level:
- Minimum of two years’ experience in graphic design
- Outstanding portfolio that illustrates design skills and experience
- Proficiency in Adobe and related programs
- Ability to work well on a team, take direction, and demonstrate initiative
- Commitment to the mission and values of Mercy For Animals
Is this the right fit? Absolutely, if this sounds like you:
I am friendly and positive, and I love collaborating. I am highly organized and smoothly coordinate multiple projects down to the last detail. Passionate about animal rights and safeguarding the future of our planet for all who share it, I seek to inspire others to take action through my creative work.
Compensation and Benefits
Earn an hourly wage of $19.50–$21.50, depending on qualifications. In addition to a collaborative and innovative work environment, you will be able to take part in our benefits package, including no- or low-cost health, vision, and dental insurance; generous paid time off and sick leave; and eligibility to participate in Mercy For Animals’ 401(k) retirement plan, with a dollar-to-dollar employer match of up to 3% of your annual salary.
We consider traditional and nontraditional qualifications, so be sure to clearly convey in your cover letter your general fit for the role, outlining relevant experience and your overall alignment with our organizational vision, mission, and values.
Mercy For Animals is a globally minded organization, and we value diverse perspectives and backgrounds. Potential team members of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability are encouraged to apply. We are committed to providing an inclusive, positive, respectful, safe, and supportive work environment where equal opportunities are available to all team members.