Vice President of Corporate Engagement
Remote in the United States, Mexico, or Brazil
As vice president of corporate engagement, you will provide strategic global leadership and oversight for Corporate Engagement Department initiatives, including corporate outreach, campaigns, plant-based and meat-reduction programs, and animal welfare policies; set short-term and long-range goals; and establish and implement strategies, plans, and policies to further the mission of Mercy For Animals.
You will ensure your team’s highest and most impactful performance:
- Develop and implement innovative, effective strategies for working with major food companies and associations to expand cruelty-free food options, secure meaningful animal welfare policies, and ensure implementation of policies
- Provide leadership and support to all team members across corporate relations and campaigns, including establishing clear goals and expectations in partnership with global managers
- Manage and mentor six direct reports and a full department of over 20, spanning the United States, Canada, Brazil, and Mexico, to achieve high performance and impactful progress for animals
- Prepare and deliver effective presentations to corporate executives to encourage and facilitate adoption of meaningful animal welfare policies, meat-reduction programs, and plant-based foods
- Work with team members to research industry sectors and major corporations’ animal welfare and sustainability policies to inform strategy and support other departments with corporate information related to their work
- Identify and proactively pursue opportunities to optimize processes, tools, and cross-departmental collaboration to streamline our work and increase our impact
- Provide strategic input and practical support as needed for corporate-related work as Mercy For Animals expands into India, China, and other regions
- Align corporate campaign and relations strategies with Mercy For Animals’ overall strategy by working closely with the investigations, public engagement, volunteer engagement, government affairs and public policy, and development teams
- Ensure all public-facing departmental communications are consistent with Mercy For Animals’ messaging
- Serve as a media spokesperson as necessary
- Maintain strong relationships and align strategies with other nonprofit organizations that are driving animal welfare improvements and plant-based adoption at major food companies
- Cultivate respectful and cordial relationships with major corporations and key executives
You will fortify the corporate engagement department with your qualifications:
- Minimum of five years’ experience in corporate affairs, supply chain management, CSR, campaigning, advocacy, or a closely related area
- Exceptionally strong work ethic and drive to succeed
- Strong business acumen and leadership skills
- Understanding of the food industry and key farmed animal welfare issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate professionally and persuasively
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and relationships
- Willingness and ability to travel with moderate frequency
Is this the right fit? Absolutely, if this sounds like you:
I am persistent, persuasive, and driven. A good communicator with strong interpersonal skills, I enjoy collaborating with others. I work well under pressure and deadlines, and I effectively manage time and resources. I’m vegan and fiercely passionate about animal welfare and animal rights.
Compensation and Benefits
Earn an annual salary of $65,000–$80,000, depending on qualifications. Our paid time-off policy, including 20 vacation days a year, staff-appreciation days, holidays, and sick leave, is as generous as our no- or low-cost health insurance. We also offer a 401(k) plan, not to mention a collaborative and innovative work environment.
We consider traditional and nontraditional qualifications, so be sure to clearly convey in your cover letter your general fit for the role. A few things we would love to learn about are professional experience, internships, volunteer work, and side projects, as well as your overall alignment with our organizational vision, mission, and values.
Mercy For Animals is a globally minded organization, and we value diverse perspectives and backgrounds. Potential team members of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability are encouraged to apply. We are committed to providing an inclusive, positive, respectful, safe, and supportive work environment where equal opportunities are available to all team members.