Talent Acquisition Manager
Remote in the U.S.
As talent acquisition manager, you will build, deliver, and drive Mercy For Animals’ talent acquisition strategy to attract, hire, and retain a highly qualified, diverse, and values-and-mission-aligned global team.
You will create an engaging and inclusive employer brand and establish Mercy For Animals as an employer of choice among animal protection organizations.
You will do vital work:
- Create and implement a talent acquisition strategy that emphasizes quality, diversity, and effective and efficient processes while supporting our culture and strategic objectives
- Partner with our leadership team to identify hiring needs and ensure that our hiring practices are supportive of our business needs and growth
- Train, consult, and advise hiring team leaders on the hiring process, job postings, effective candidate assessment and interview techniques, salary ranges, and offers
- Create and post job announcements to effectively and efficiently fill open positions
- Screen, interview, and recommend talent to fill all open positions across Mercy For Animals
- Perform background checks, prepare offer packages, and notify applicants of their status in the recruiting process
- Research, identify, and utilize new sources for qualified candidates
- Create a positive applicant experience throughout the whole recruiting process
- Continually assess and improve recruiting practices
- Maintain applicant tracking system, provide reporting, and communicate updates to hiring team leaders in a timely manner
- Partner with the talent development manager to create and implement an onboarding program that prepares new hires to fully immerse into their new roles, their teams, and our culture
- Meet with newly hired team members for 30-, 90-, and 180-day check-ins and annual stay interviews
- Partner and cross-train with the talent development manager to act as official backup for their duties
Your qualifications will bring our team to new heights:
- Three to five years’ experience in human resources, with a focus on talent acquisition
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or a related field (or an additional four years’ relevant experience)
- PHR, SHRM-CP, CPLP, or equivalent certification or willingness to obtain (preferred)
- Solid knowledge of federal and state employment laws and practices and ability to explain laws, regulations, policies, and procedures to hiring team leaders
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Effective listening skills
- Strong interviewing and negotiating skills
- Track record of strong personal ownership of and sharp focus on quality of work
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team collaborating with others
- Proven rapport- and trust-building skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and finish projects with minimal direction
- Experience with applicant tracking systems, preferably Greenhouse
Is this the right fit? Absolutely, if this sounds like you:
I’m a friendly, positive, and supportive team member. I am agile and rapidly adapt to changing demands in ambiguous environments. A strong communicator with exceptional interpersonal skills, I enjoy collaborating and interacting with people from all backgrounds. I thrive under pressure and deadlines, and I effectively manage time and resources. I’m vegan and passionate about animal protection.
Compensation and Benefits
Earn an annual salary of $48,000–$55,000, depending on qualifications. Our paid time-off policy, including 20 vacation days a year, staff-appreciation days, holidays, and sick leave, is as generous as our no- or low-cost health insurance. We also offer a 401(k) plan, not to mention a collaborative and innovative work environment.
We consider traditional and nontraditional qualifications, so be sure to clearly convey in your cover letter your general fit for the role. A few things we would love to learn about are professional experience, internships, volunteer work, and side projects, as well as your overall alignment with our organizational vision, mission, and values.
Mercy For Animals is a globally minded organization, and we value diverse perspectives and backgrounds. Potential team members of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability are encouraged to apply. We are committed to providing an inclusive, positive, respectful, safe, and supportive work environment where equal opportunities are available to all team members.