Vice President of Investigations
Remote in the U.S.
As vice president of investigations, you will lead a dedicated and dynamic team of investigative professionals focused on innovative global investigations of the meat, egg, and dairy industries.
Your strategic leadership will enable Mercy For Animals to achieve its mission of reducing suffering and ending the exploitation of animals for food.
You will do highly confidential and sensitive work:
- Oversee all aspects of the investigations process
- Participate in and supervise investigator recruitment and training
- Manage the budget and develop the international strategy for the Investigations Department
- Provide support, guidance, and feedback to investigators
- Work with Mercy For Animals’ Legal Affairs Department to ensure legal compliance in all investigations activities
- Assist in preparing investigations for public release, including reviewing undercover footage, providing input for website development, and obtaining expert-witness statements
- Serve as a spokesperson for the organization by conducting press conferences and participating in media interviews
- Communicate and meet with members and supporters of the organization as appropriate
Your qualifications will take the organization to the next level:
- Minimum of five years’ experience with investigations or a closely related field
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- Thorough knowledge of animal rights issues and Mercy For Animals campaigns and investigations
- Demonstrated ability to create and deliver engaging and informative presentations
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Proven exceptional organizational skills and the ability to balance many tasks simultaneously
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively
Is this the right fit? Absolutely, if this sounds like you:
I’m a subject-matter expert in investigations, and I understand the potential liability and the high degree of confidentiality required. I thrive under pressure and deadlines, and I know how to effectively manage time and resources. I’m vegan and fiercely passionate about animal protection.
Compensation and Benefits
Earn an annual salary of $65,000–$80,000, depending on qualifications. Our paid time-off policy, including 20 vacation days a year, staff-appreciation days, holidays, and sick leave, is as generous as our no- or low-cost health insurance. We also offer a 401(k) plan, not to mention a collaborative and innovative work environment.
We consider traditional and nontraditional qualifications, so be sure to clearly convey in your cover letter your general fit for the role. A few things we would love to learn about are professional experience, internships, volunteer work, and side projects, as well as your overall alignment with our organizational vision, mission, and values.
Mercy For Animals is a globally minded organization, and we value diverse perspectives and backgrounds. Potential team members of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability are encouraged to apply. We are committed to providing an inclusive, positive, respectful, safe, and supportive work environment where equal opportunities are available to all team members.