Los Angeles Office
As development coordinator, you will serve as a front-facing donor-relations representative and provide administrative support to the Development Department.
You will help cultivate donors, coordinate gift acknowledgments, and promote donor stewardship.
You will do invaluable work:
- Respond to donor inquiries, via phone and email, in a timely and courteous manner
- Manage timely acknowledgment of gifts
- Draft and regularly update acknowledgment letters and process gift-related mail
- Regularly update and review donation records
- Serve as liaison to caging and acknowledgment-processing vendors
- Create reports as needed to assess development and annual-giving performance
- Coordinate relations with third-party fundraisers
- Research major-gift prospects and provide philanthropy team with research reports
- Assist with portfolio-related data entry, and scan and upload necessary documentation for record keeping
- Conduct in-person bank deposits
- Retrieve mail from Mercy For Animals’ post office box weekly
- Manage stock of development materials
- Provide support to Development Department during events and special campaigns
You have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of one year’s professional experience in customer service, communications, or related field
- Fundraising or nonprofit experience (preferred)
- Experience with Salesforce or donor databases (preferred)
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow Mercy For Animals’ style and editing guidelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of organization and efficiency
- Self-motivation and ability to work well independently and under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet competing deadlines
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule that includes weekends and overtime during development events and heavy work periods
Is this the right fit? Absolutely, if this sounds like you:
I am a friendly, positive, and service-oriented person. A good communicator with strong interpersonal skills, I enjoy collaborating with others. I work well under pressure and deadlines, and I know how to effectively manage time and resources. I’m vegan and fiercely passionate about animal welfare.
Compensation and Benefits
Earn an annual salary of $36,000–$45,000, depending on qualifications. Our paid time-off policy, including 20 vacation days a year, staff-appreciation days, holidays, and sick leave, is as generous as our no- or low-cost health insurance. We also offer a 401(k) plan, not to mention a collaborative and innovative work environment.
We consider traditional and nontraditional qualifications, so be sure to clearly convey in your cover letter your general fit for the role. A few things we would love to learn about are professional experience, internships, volunteer work, and side projects, as well as your overall alignment with our organizational vision, mission, and values.
Mercy For Animals is a globally minded organization, and we value diverse perspectives and backgrounds. Potential team members of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability are encouraged to apply. We are committed to providing an inclusive, positive, respectful, safe, and supportive work environment where equal opportunities are available to all team members.