Director of Operations
Remote in the U.S., Brazil, or Latin America
As director of operations, you will enable Mercy For Animals to be maximally efficient and productive by analyzing and improving processes, enhancing information sharing and interdepartmental communication, and collaborating with leadership on long-term operational planning.
You will do invaluable work:
- Collaborate with teams and departments across the organization to develop standard operating procedures (SOPs) and best practice guides (BPGs) for all support functions
- Partner with teams and departments across the organization to implement SOPs and BPGs
- Create and maintain an organization-wide inventory of up-to-date SOPs and BPGs that is centralized and easy to use
- Develop and administer regular organization-wide workflow surveys; analyze results; and recommend improvements regarding processes, decision-making, collaboration, tools, and other resources to increase efficiency, achieve strategic goals, and maximize impact
- Identify opportunities across the organization to recommend and implement effective cost-reduction strategies
- Manage and improve the Mercy For Animals Intranet
- Develop, maintain, and analyze efficient monitoring and evaluation systems for key performance indicators in partnership with relevant teams and departments
- Collaborate with the project management office to optimize project flow and management across the organization
You have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, nonprofit management, or a related field
- Minimum three years’ operations or project management experience, ideally in the nonprofit sector
- Proven success in developing, implementing, and overseeing plans to improve internal systems, processes, and procedures
- Ability to create and implement strategies and effectively manage change
Is this the right fit? Absolutely, if this sounds like you:
I am highly organized and self-motivated, and I have a knack for devising out-of-the-box solutions to complex issues. I am globally minded and adept at culturally competent communications. A committed vegan, I am passionate about the mission, vision, and values of Mercy For Animals.
Compensation and Benefits
Earn an annual salary of $60,000–$75,000, depending on qualifications, and enjoy a commute-free life as an at-home worker. Our paid time-off policy, including 20 vacation days a year, staff-appreciation days, holidays, and sick leave, is as generous as our no- or low-cost health insurance. We also offer a 401(k) plan, not to mention a collaborative and innovative work environment. *If you are based in Brazil or Latin America, annual salary and benefits may be different from those listed above.
Mercy For Animals is a globally minded organization, and we value diverse perspectives and backgrounds. Potential team members of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability are encouraged to apply. We are committed to providing an inclusive, positive, respectful, safe, and supportive work environment where equal opportunities are available to all team members.