Senior Policy Advisor
Remote in the U.S.
As senior policy advisor, you will drive and defend legislation, regulations, and government policies that reduce the suffering of animals used for food and enable increased market share of plant-based and cell-based foods.
You will innovate and lead efforts to identify and develop strategies that further the mission and objectives of Mercy For Animals’ legislative and regulatory priorities.
You will do invaluable work:
- Lobby at local, state, and federal levels, working with legislators and regulatory agencies to advance Mercy For Animals’ policy initiatives
- Develop, manage, and lead coalitions to expand support for our legislative priorities, building on common, intersecting interests with a variety of political organizations and associations, including nontraditional animal-coalition members
- Foster bipartisan relationships with individuals, institutions, and organizations to positively influence and gain support for Mercy For Animals’ initiatives
Your qualifications will take our legislative advocacy to the next level:
- Three to five years of relevant experience working with elected officials to advance a legislative agenda
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy; juris doctor degree preferred
- Knowledge of state legislative and federal regulatory processes
Is this the right fit? Absolutely, if this sounds like you:
I have a high level of integrity and can easily build and maintain trusted relationships. I am highly organized with meticulous attention to detail and have exceptional written and verbal communication skills. I manage my time well and enjoy working on issues of varying complexity. I am vegan and passionate about ending the exploitation of animals for food.
Compensation and Benefits
Earn an annual salary of $50,000–$70,000, depending on qualifications, and enjoy a commute-free life as an at-home worker. Our paid time-off policy, including 20 vacation days a year, staff-appreciation days, holidays, and sick leave, is as generous as our no- or low-cost health insurance. We also offer a 401(k) plan, not to mention a collaborative and innovative work environment.
We consider traditional and nontraditional qualifications, so be sure to clearly convey in your cover letter your fit for the role. A few things we would love to learn about are professional experience, internships, volunteer work, and side projects, as well as your overall alignment with our organizational vision, mission, and values.
Mercy For Animals is a globally minded organization and we value diverse perspectives and backgrounds. Potential team members of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability are encouraged to apply. We are committed to providing an inclusive, positive, respectful, safe, and supportive work environment where equal opportunities are available to all team members.