We are on the hunt for an exceptional Head of Accounting Partnerships to scale our ecosystem of accounting partners and establish an industry-leading partner program. This pivotal role is responsible for developing and nurturing both new and existing relationships with key accounting partners that drive new customers to Mercury. It's a critical position in our partnership strategy, focused on identifying and cultivating high-impact relationships, engaging prospective partners, and negotiating alliances that drive significant growth for Mercury.
The ideal candidate will not only develop a comprehensive accounting partnership strategy, but also adeptly coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to bring this vision to life. We're seeking someone with substantial industry acumen and a proven track record in building out successful accounting partner programs.
This person will have plenty of experience evaluating market dynamics all while sourcing, scoping, negotiating, managing, and growing partner relationships. We need someone who will be comfortable engaging with, presenting to, and influencing executives to advance our team's objectives. Joining the team means being part of a dynamic, driven, and forward-thinking group that embraces change and sees growth opportunities in business challenges.
Here are some things you’ll do on the job:
- Develop and implement the Accounting Partnerships program, establishing and directing its overarching strategy
- Build this new discipline within Mercury, guaranteeing both the program's initial success and its sustainable growth
- Identify and prioritize partnership opportunities that provide maximal value and benefit to Mercury
- Be a product expert, well-versed in how accountants and bookkeepers will use Mercury
- Bring feedback on opportunities and pain points to the product team, improving Mercury’s features and creating more amazing user experiences
- Forge and nurture influential relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, driving key team and organizational initiatives
- Lead cross-functional teams including product, engineering, design, legal, finance, and analytics, often without explicit authority, in order to ensure the success of your partners and initiatives
- Manage the entire partner lifecycle, from initial exploration and negotiation to partnership signing, launch, and continuous relationship management
- Innovate in partnership thought leadership, exploring new operational models and commercial strategies to foster market growth and mutual benefits
- Own end-to-end relationships with key partners and maintain senior executive-level contacts
You should have:
- 10+ years of experience in relevant experience, including product, strategic partnerships, business development, strategy, and sales/relationship management
- Proven track record in forging relationships within strategic partners and engaging with senior management at target organizations
- Extensive experience in establishing and leading successful accounting partnership programs
- Skilled in managing large-scale, diverse, and strategically significant partner relationships
- Proficient in identifying and cultivating new opportunities, including strategy development, partner sourcing, product collaboration, and market execution
- Strong capabilities in relationship management, fostering genuine connections with partners
- Expertise in navigating ambiguous challenges and scaling solutions effectively
- Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to thrive under minimal guidance
- Possesses a keen understanding and intuition for product development and improvement
- Deep passion for technology, startups, and aiding the growth of early-stage companies
- Innate curiosity and skill in identifying and addressing the needs of strategic partners
- Clear and purposeful communication skills, both in writing and verbally
- Be open to giving and receiving feedback from both internal stakeholders and customers
- Enjoys problem-solving and optimizing team efficiency, as well as enhancing products and processes
- Effective collaborator, working seamlessly with various teams and departments
The total rewards package at Mercury includes base salary, equity (stock options), and benefits.
Our salary and equity ranges are highly competitive within the SaaS and fintech industry and are updated regularly using the most reliable compensation survey data for our industry. New hire offers are made based on a candidate’s experience, expertise, geographic location, and internal pay equity relative to peers.
Our target new hire base salary ranges for this role are the following:
- US employees in New York City, Los Angeles, Seattle, or the San Francisco Bay Area: $217,500-$256,000.
- US employees in other locations: $196,000-$230,000.
- Canadian employees (any location): CAD 198,000-233,000.