Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
The Third-Party Risk Manager is responsible for supporting enterprise goals and strategic initiatives by building and maintaining a comprehensive third-party risk management (TPRM) program. The scope of the program will include all types of third parties including payment facilitators, referral relationships, traditional vendor relationships and others.
Specifically, the Third-Party Risk Manager will help build the TPRM program by designing and documenting process and controls to oversee and manage third party risk. The Third-Party Risk Manager will execute key aspects of the program including initial and ongoing oversight of key third parties and will also oversee the execution of controls performed by other departments within the organization. This role will have increased visibility throughout the organization and will be responsible for upward reporting to management and executive leadership
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the design of the third-party risk management program; create and implement processes and internal controls to manage third party risk.
- Establish and maintain healthy relationships with key stakeholders including internal partners and external partners such as third parties, card brands, and sponsor bank representatives; serve as a liaison and point of escalation for third party risk related items as needed.
- Conduct initial due diligence assessments for strategic relationships, specifically payment facilitators; lead ongoing monitoring efforts including monthly review cadences and annual site reviews.
- Develop and deliver ongoing reporting to internal and external stakeholders covering payment facilitators, referral partners, and other strategic relationships.
- Lead risk assessment reviews for newly engaged vendors, escalate risk concerns to senior leadership and support ongoing vendor performance reviews as a risk subject matter professional.
- Maintain awareness with upcoming changes to Legal, Card Brand, and Sponsor Bank requirements, and maintain compliance with these requirements.
- Working knowledge of the payments industry and, specifically, the role of payment facilitators within the industry
- Understanding of risk and control concepts as they apply to third party risk in the payments industry, including underwriting, transaction monitoring, funding, reputation, and regulatory risks
- Project management skills including attention to detail and ability to course correct as needed to ensure outcomes are achieved.
- Ability to design and document processes in the form of policies, procedures, and flowcharts
- Motivated self-starter who operates with an ownership mindset and takes responsibility and accountability for the success of the department and organization as a whole.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills with an ability to translate minutiae into a broader business perspective.
- Highly organized and adept at multi-tasking and adapting to evolving priorities.
- Flexible, intellectually curious, creative thinker with the ability to connect dots, define business tradeoffs, generate out-of-the-box solutions, and manage uncertainty.
- Strong interpersonal skills with presence and the ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior and executive management, external stakeholders, peers, and team members.
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with strong presentation skills.
- Openly shares feedback, information, ideas, and best practices.
- Proficiency in Excel and report building.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, risk management, or industry-related field preferred
- At least 7 years of industry-related and/or subject matter experience
- Prior experience working in a third-party risk management role