Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
This role will be crucial to growing our portfolio in new, emerging markets such as CBD/Cannabis and Online Gaming/Fantasy Sports. This role will perform outbound sales calls to prospects, associations and financial institution members to either pre-qualify or sell merchant services. Utilize qualified client lists to perform consultative sales calls to clients to assess their payment processing needs and deliver solutions that exceed their expectations. Competitive salary + commission!
Your Responsibilities will require you to:
- Focus on new business development by selling, over the phone, merchant services to small and mid-size businesses.
- Perform 100+ outbound calls daily - (Latest in CRM & dialer technology to assist in sales success)
- Conduct proactive product up-sells of additional or new products and services such as web-access, check services, hardware or software upgrades, and other payment cards.
- Consult with clients to identify payment processing needs, and deliver a comprehensive solution to address those needs.
- Coordinate the gathering of all necessary documentation from prospective clients to facilitate the closing of a sale.
- Create and deliver pricing proposals and sales materials to prospective clients.
- Responsible for the overall revenue growth, profitability, and client retention of assigned merchant portfolio.
- Cross-sell new or additional payment processing products/services to clients.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of all payment processing products and services by attending all mandatory training.
- Maintain a high level of awareness and understanding of existing and new payment processing technologies, point-of-sales as well as industry, financial institution, and client changes and trends
- Associates degree, or a combination of equivalent education and related experience. High school degree or equivalent required.
- Two year of experience in sales, merchant services is a plus
- Proven track record of being a high-performer and exceeding quota with experience in closing complex sales (merchant, channel, or partner), consultative selling, and directly selling technology solutions
- Accomplished interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Self-starter with the ability to exceed revenue goals and expectations
- Solid technical comprehension skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
- Knowledge of Merchant Services / Payment Processing Solutions
- One year of sales experience in telesales or telemarketing
- Formal sales training
- Bi-Lingual skill set -English/Spanish is a plus