Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
The High Risk Credit Analyst assists in researching new merchant applications to verify the legitimacy of the business and it owners / officers, reviewing financial statements to assess financial stability, applicable licenses, product analysis, and educate merchants as to the liabilities associated with the acceptance of electronic payments and ensure merchants are compliant with Association rules and regulations. The High Risk Credit Analyst will be responsible for being the subject matter expert in reviewing high risk verticals including Gaming, CBD, Dating, Vape, Tobacco, Money Service Businesses, Web Related Services, Nutraceuticals, Digital Goods, amongst other high risk verticals, and be the subject matter expert on underwriting requirements in the respective verticals. They will also support the junior analysts as needed for training / mentor purposes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze New High Risk merchant applications for merit by: Utilizing/understanding Credit Reports, Dunn & Bradstreet Reports, Risk Score modules, Tax Returns/Financial Statements, Web Site Reviews and various other tools in the industry
- Lead the high risk underwriting functions acting as the primary high risk liaison between underwriting and internal partners.
- Work directly with the Sponsor Banks as needed for underwriting concurrence.
- Assist department manager in credit approval overrides and training internal and external clients.
- Take on managerial duties in the absence of department manager as needed.
- Train and mentor junior analysts on the team.
- Process required number of applications per day under the optimum circumstances after sufficient amount of due diligence is performed.
- Work with and communicate with Risk Analyst and Collection Specialist in an effort to minimize potential loss.
- Timely and effectively communicate with ME Management, applicable internal departments, internal/external sales representatives and merchants.
- Report status activity on potential risks with recommendations for actions.
- Help develop/assist on ideas that will increase company profitability and production while keeping the integrity of our portfolio.
- Approval of Credit Analyst accounts outside their authority and referring accounts to the appropriate Company Officer for approvals outside authority.
- Perform re-underwriting of specified accounts, including analyzing recent financials and compiling the research in a formal write up to be reviewed by the Credit Committee
- Participate in Credit Committee meetings as needed
- Provide weekly credit stats for the Credit & Loss Report on a weekly basis
- Assist with projects related to system enhancements within the credit and risk teams
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- 2+ years’ experience in credit/underwriting
- Experience working with high risk sectors in payment processing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: Refined written and verbal communication skills with the ability to contribute in a team environment and foster open communications, listen effectively, and tailor message to multiple audiences
- Strong organization and time management skills; ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to comprehend procedural information, including demonstrated ability to analyze credit and financial information, both individual and business
- Critical thinking and problem solving; challenge the status quo thinking to generate new ideas; takes an open mid approach to situations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- High degree of experience with Microsoft Office products
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Knowledge of the Visa/MasterCard rules/regulations a plus
- Ability to quickly learn/grasp new ideas and concepts
- Detail oriented and reliable-must be able to take instruction but function independently