Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment (including a game room and free snacks!) where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
We are looking for Software Engineers who are passionate about their work and embraces the ideals of the software craftsmanship movement and Agile development practices. We’re assembling an insanely talented group of engineers that make up our agile teams. They thrive on making innovative applications, and solutions.
US WORK AUTHORIZATION REQUIRED - No visa sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help move the team to idempotent production and continuous delivery
- Be a part of a cross-functional team and continue our charge towards test automation and continuous integration
- Work closely with our team of Product Managers, as well as your own team of developers, QA, and designers
- Drive innovation by coming up with new and surprising ideas for our applications and our processes
- Design, implement, and maintain our application and infrastructure components
- Refactor and improve maintainability of the codebase
- Solve complex scalability, platform, and integration problems
- Learn new paradigms, languages, and libraries as you work
- 3+ years of experience in a Java and 7+ years within a software development environment
- Excellent knowledge and experience with both object-oriented and service-oriented programming paradigms
- Experience building and designing databases (SQL)
- Creativity and ability to learn and solve problems quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated engineer who can take the initiative and work effectively both independently and as part of a team of engineers
- Experience working with a version control system (preferred GIT)
- Experience building on premise and/or cloud
- Comfortable automating the build and deployment of on premise and/or cloud applications
- Comfortable working in a Linux and a Macintosh environment
- Good understanding of object oriented programming, SOLID principles, design patterns.
- Experience writing unit test, stubs, mocks in a TDD environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Experienced with low-level network protocol design principles and debugging techniques
- Familiarity with secure coding best practices and “OWASP Top 10” vulnerabilities.
- Desire to contribute to a security-minded organization with focuses on “Security by Design” and “Privacy by Design”.
MerchantE is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.