Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment (including a game room and free snacks!) where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
ME is looking for a seasoned Sr. DevOps engineer who will play a key role in the implementation, operations, and administrates backend infrastructure. These Linux-based environments support both MerchantE's internal stakeholders as well as its customers that include major card associations, banks, and merchants.
US WORK AUTHORIZATION REQUIRED - No visa sponsorship is available for this position at this time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and support AWS infrastructure reliability, scalability and monitoring
- Manage infrastructure-as-code on AWS ; EC2, ECS, S3, Cloudfront, API Gateway, ELB, Lambda, among other technologies
- Terraform to build configurations, integrate systems, and automating system tasks in order to support long and short term goals
- Integrate systems using REST, TCP/IP, JSON and others
- Enforce security best practices that are compliant with various data classifications (PCI, SOC).
- Troubleshoot, reproduce and solve challenging operational issues in a complex enterprise environment
- Build fully automated, highly elastic, cloud-orchestrated platforms over IaaS providers like AWS
- Document and update procedures and processes as necessary
- This is an on-call position with a rotation schedule 24x7 (for escalations and incidents).
- Other Duties as required
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or MIS or equivalent experience
- Strong architectural understanding for heavily distributed applications (Micro Services), API management, and familiarity with C#, Java, Nginx, and IIS*
- Strong Windows and Linux with hands-on across all stack
- Prior success in automating a real-world production environment
- 2+ Years of development experience
- 2+ Years DevOps or SRE with strong Windows and Linux administration experience
- Strong experience with application monitoring tools ELK/Splunk and CloudWatch
- Experience with higher level network protocols including HTTP and REST
- Strong experience with AWS infrastructure, CloudFront, S3, EC2, Lambda, RDS (mysql), DynameDB, ELB
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Strong experience with CICD tools such as Jenkins, and Terraform
- Strong coding experience, Terraform, Bash, Golang, Python
- Proven analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Must exhibit strong written, verbal and listening communication skills
- Ability and desire to thrive in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment (i.e. Banking, Payment etc.)
- Must have third party’s integration experience
- Payment Gateway experience is a bonus
MerchantE is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.