Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with financial institutions, software developers, independent sales organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We’re growing and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative, and hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and inspiring work environment (including a game room and free snacks!) where your ideas and contributions are valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your contributions.
The Relationship Manager for Strategic Partnerships is responsible for building, maintaining and managing strategic partner relationships. The Relationship Manager will play an integral role within their Channel working closely with their Channel Leader to focus on partner satisfaction, new business growth, business reviews, portfolio profitability and day-to-day inquiries/escalations. The individual will be responsible for achieving sales targets for the partner portfolio.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage positive partner relationships with corporate officers, managers, sales representatives and internal stakeholders.
- Focus on developing and growing existing partners through new business and portfolio growth opportunities such as new product launches, pricing initiatives and exploring new markets and vertical adds.
- Creating and delivering sales presentations to various levels of partner contacts to discuss partner performance, new product/pricing initiatives and strategic planning.
- Maintaining and strengthening relationships with existing partners.
- Act as a point of contact for all day-to-day partner related inquiries by providing seamless delivery of service and/or fulfillment requests via answering calls or e-mails.
- Navigate various systems to research to resolve inquiries.
- Internal cross collaboration to resolve issues on the partner’s behalf.
- Clear understanding and ability to differentiate all partner types to ensure proper management of any challenges, projects or inquiries.
- Monthly auditing of managed portfolios to ensure accurate billing
- Effectively manages any conversions of existing portfolio and manages projects for partners (when needed).
- Effective delivery of all communications.
- Train clients on back office tools as applicable.
- Routes, maintains and tracks outstanding servicing requests and provides thorough follow up.
- Keeps clean, complete and updated records in SalesForce.
- Excellent business development, sales, marketing, and account management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization, attention to detail and time management skills; ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to comprehend procedural information, including demonstrated ability to analyze account information; multi-task capable.
- Forward thinking individual that understands what is important to a partner and ensures their messaging complies
- Demonstrate superior negotiation, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrate ownership of required duties and responsibilities
- Listens actively to others.
- Engages in and encourages two-way dialogue, selects the right level of communication for the audience.
- Openly shares feedback, information, ideas, and best practices.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Conflict resolution and attention to detail is a key skill for this role
Preferred Education, Skills or Experience:
- Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of Merchant Services experience, and/or a demonstrated strong and successful sales background with the ability to quickly learn/grasp new ideas and concepts.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
MerchantE is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.