Mercari is Your Marketplace. We make it super easy to sell (or buy) almost anything. We all have things we don’t use, never used or simply outgrew. But that stuff still has value. Mercari gives you the power to simply sell it, ship it, and earn some cash for it. Fashion to toys. Sporting goods to electronics. All the brands you know and love. Our mission is simple: to make selling easier than buying. And with 50M+ downloads in the U.S. and 350k+ new listings every day, we're just getting started.
Mercari is growing and we need you to help us achieve our hiring goals. You are a seasoned talent sourcer with both technical and non-technical sourcing skills, able to flex depending on the needs of the business. You will partner with our recruiting team and our hiring managers to define sourcing strategies to attract the best and the brightest, and will build a robust talent pipeline to fuel our growth. You are a subject matter expert on sourcing strategies, and will help develop that muscle across the TA team. You are skilled at finding and engaging high quality candidates, and adept at creating a unique message for them that resonates with their experience and interest. Finally, you are passionate about your work and creating a exceptional candidate experience.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with recruiters and hiring managers to deeply understand technical requirements of the role, the function and how it fits into the organization.
- Prior experience evaluating a broad spectrum of skill sets, including software engineering, data science, product, marketing, and other areas as needed.
- Strategize different ways to build talent pipelines and execute on tactical research, referral generation, events and sourcing campaigns.
- Find, engage and activate passive candidates through the use of Boolean, LinkedIn and alternative search techniques.
- Screen resumes and interview candidates.
- Regularly track pipeline activity to share with internal stakeholders.
- Recommend and drive improvements that impact local pipeline areas.
What you’ll need:
- At least 5 years technical sourcing experience with a search firm or in-house recruiting team
- Experience researching/sourcing candidates in high demand roles
- Ability to identify commonalities in desired profiles among disparate roles and/or teams, to optimize candidate pipelines
- Experience in engaging and delivering high quality candidates across both technical and non-technical roles
- Tech and industry experience with target companies, conferences, open source communities
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Flexible, resourceful, with a bias to action and willingness to do what is needed to get great work done
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- A natural inclination to work within a culture that is fast-paced, dynamic, and especially, autonomous
- Prior work experience with Google (G Suite)
- Prior ATS (Greenhouse) is a strong plus
Mercari nurtures an all for one environment where teamwork and innovative thinking is the priority.
Perks & Benefits:
- Remote-first workplace
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 401k match
- Life & disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- New parent paid leave
- Rocket Lawyer legal services
- Fond perks and rewards
- Time when you need it - Flexible vacation days