Mercari is your Marketplace. We make it super easy to sell (or buy) almost anything. We all have things we don't use, never used or simply outgrew. But that stuff still has value. Mercari gives you the power to simply sell it, ship it, and earn some cash for it. Fashion to toys. Sporting goods to electronics. All the brands you know and love. Our mission is simple: to make selling easier than buying. And with 50M+ downloads in the U.S. and 350k new listings every day, we're just getting started.
We are looking for an experienced, self motivated CSI Sr Analyst to join our Compliance Systems and Information team
As a CSI Analyst for Mercari’s U.S. operations, you will help enhance prevention and detection systems and rules to help our compliance and Trust & Safety teams enable positive buying and selling experiences everyday. This role supports multiple compliance/risk programs including fraud/payment risk, prohibited items/conduct, identity verification, customer screening, transaction/item monitoring rules, and reporting. In addition, the CSI Analyst supports our operations with business intelligence (BI), reporting and behavioral insight. In this role, you may be assigned as a systems administrator to support compliance prevention and detection measures across multiple systems, databases and third-party compliance applications
What you’ll be doing:
- Measure the Compliance's Team performance, develop core metrics and create dashboards to track and understand them.
- Identify data, metrics, and analyses needs for business partners.
- Develop and validate data models that power dashboards that allow the Compliance Team to understand customer behavior, and extract key insights that impact operations and product decisions.
- Suggest and apply detection techniques to monitor for fraud, and prohibited behaviors.
- Synthesize data learnings into compelling stories and communicate them throughout Mercari.
- Based on identified data patterns and learnings suggest and help analyze detection rules that will help the Compliance Team to identify prohibited behaviors/content on the platform.
- Conduct ongoing analysis to assess the continued relevance of the detection scenarios, the underlying rules, threshold, parameters, and assumptions as assigned.
- Document rules, scenarios, thresholds, typologies and testing results for all compliance models that meet model validation standards according to rules library standardization. Implement approved rules, detection scenarios in the system(s).
- Assist in periodic data/model validations including identifying appropriate data sources, validation of the integrity, accuracy, and quality of data to ensure that accurate and complete data is being utilized by the Transaction Monitoring and Filtering Program.
- Help complete monthly and quarterly reports for financial/regulatory reporting and money transmitter reports.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 3+ years relevant experience of increasing responsibilities in a compliance/ risk/ e-Commerce surveillance role
- Experience with visualization and dashboard applications like Looker, Chartio, Tableau
- Experience with deep analyses and building models to understand customer behavior, and extract key insights that impact product decisions.
- Familiarity with financial service and risks associated to Fintech, payments, money service business and related functions in an organization.
- Experience with communicating actionable insights and recommendations to various business partners proactively
- Excellent analytical, critical reasoning, and communication skills.
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Site Catalyst, Coremetrics, Adwords, AppBoy/Braze, etc.
- Extensive SQL experience for data extraction, manipulation and analyses; including complex joins, creation of views and stored procedures
- Understanding of statistical concepts and experience in applying them.
- Ability to work fluidly in a collaborative, team-based setting within a high growth technology company and with a good sense of urgency
- Experience with detections/rules development and testing is a plus.
- Experience with Regex, Machine Learning, and image recognition in prior roles is a plus.
- A passion for data and strong attention to detail
- Maintaining a good sense of humor as we continue to develop the program
Mercari nurtures an all for one environment where teamwork and innovative thinking is the priority.
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 401k match
- Life & disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- New parent paid leave
- Rocket Lawyer legal services
- Fond perks and rewards
- Time when you need it - unlimited vacation days