Mercari is Your Marketplace. We make it super easy to sell (or buy) almost anything. We all have things we don’t use, never used, or simply outgrew. But that stuff still has value. Mercari gives you the power to simply sell it, ship it, and earn some cash for it. Fashion to toys. Sporting goods to electronics. All the brands you know and love. Our mission is simple: to make selling easier than buying. And with 50M+ downloads in the U.S. and 350k+ new listings every day, we're just getting started.
What You'll Be Doing:
Technical Program Manager (TPM) plays a key role in executing high-impact initiatives as well as defining, running, and improving processes to increase the effectiveness of our engineering organizations.
The primary responsibilities of the Technical Program Manager role are to organize, coordinate, communicate and deliver on product, strategic, and business-critical programs by working across teams to cascade higher-level goals then the next steps. TPMs work fluidly from the big picture to details so that the team can deliver complex cross-functional projects. You break through communication issues and effectively develop relationships with stakeholders of the organization.
This TPM's work will include, but is not limited to
- Scrum mastering platform and project teams
- Project manage cross-functional initiatives working with product managers, engineering managers, and engineers to define milestones, break down work, estimate efforts, drive the schedule, and launch. Track progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks and communicate status to upper management and project stakeholders. Engage and energize the project teams to achieve aggressive goals.
- Track issues and proactively remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress. Identify communication gaps, manage issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities. Drive results proactively.
- Implement continuous improvements to the engineering organization and the program management process. Share program/project process frameworks, tools, and best practices that can be adopted throughout the organization. Improve product development and delivery.
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Technical Program Management in mobile and/or web engineering teams
- Solid technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges and risks
- Experience in large and complex project management; Familiar with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and able to apply them where best suited
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously, without losing sight of highest priority items
- Strong technical, analytical, and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up recommendations and drive decisions
- Experience managing Jira and Confluence
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Computer Science degree, or related field
- Worked at a high paced, fast-growing tech startup
- Prior experience with engineering platforms, tooling, and system design
- Technical program management experience at an established company with a strong TPM team
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 401k match
- Life & disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- New parent paid leave
- Rocket Lawyer legal services
- Fond perks and rewards
- Time when you need it - unlimited vacation days