What is Menyala?
Menyala is a venture builder founded by Temasek, a global investment firm headquartered in Singapore. We empower builders to drive technological shifts.
Our Resident Builder program gives the world’s most talented individuals the opportunity to incubate breakthrough ideas that revolutionize entire industries at scale.
Successfully commercializing novel technologies requires combining technology expertise with entrepreneurial acumen. The Resident Builder program brings together senior business leaders and technical teams to launch new ventures with the goal of advancing a decentralized technology enabled ecosystem. The Resident Builder brings a wealth of experience and is a key resource for developing new business concepts, forging commercial ties, and fostering a culture of innovation.
In this role you will
Transform an idea into a viable businesses specifically in the capital markets space. Promising ideas will be moved to the execution stage where the Resident Builder is expected to play a lead role and ultimately as venture CEO. We will provide resources including staff, budget, and proprietary technology to support the establishment of these ventures. In addition to creating proofs of concept to validate product/market fit, the Resident Builder serves as a catalyst for new initiatives by offering mentorship, driving team formation, and facilitating venture development.
The Resident Builder will be expected to:
- Transform concepts into viable business models through experimentation and iteration
- Provide tactical and strategic support including hypothesis testing, business model validation, partner engagement, talent recruiting, prototype development, and go-to-market planning
- Leverage their business experience and networks to drive business growth
- Mentor team members and encourage a culture of collective learning
You should have
We are seeking exceptional leaders with the ability to build businesses that could change the world at scale. We look for the following attributes as evidence of this capability:
- Deep fintech, specifically wealth management experience
- Understanding and desire to apply blockchain solutions
- Prior 0-1 founding/ CEO experience
- A proven ability to lead ventures
- Strong team building and teamwork capabilities
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Passion and energy for new ideas