Splore is an AI company, building in stealth mode, to solve a new set of problems in the new internet. Focused on Gaming, Web3 and Virtual Worlds, we are re-imagining experiences, content and engagement from the fundamentals as we recognise that user behaviours and needs often go beyond the confines of indexed Web2.0 experiences.
We are currently building experiences to help gamers find gaming-related content, increase player-to-player discovery and more accurately assess in-game assets.
We believe there is a huge opportunity to reimagine content discovery and interaction as a new evolution of internet is born.
Splore is founded by Temasek and Menyala.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Principal/Lead Engineer - AI, NLP, and Data Modeling to join our Search Engine AI Team.
You will own several key components of our Search Engine AI system including the processing of search queries, using natural language processing (NLP) techniques to classify queries and decide how to handle them, semantic and syntactic search over proprietary and public data sources, modeling of the data from these sources, optimization of ranking of results, question-answering and product analytics.
You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including product managers, software engineers, and UX designers, to build best-in-class Search Engine experiences for Gamers.
In this role, you’ll need to:
- Architect, design, and manage the implementation of different components of our Search AI platform incorporating technologies like NLP, Search, Information Retrieval, Conversational AI, and Learning-to-Rank algorithms
- Decide on the right metrics to optimize in our Search AI platforms and set up processes to track and optimize these metrics
- Set up DataOps and MLOps processes and tools, including model training and retraining, model evaluation, data labeling, A-B testing, etc
- Collaborate with peers across multiple technology disciplines, ensuring AI platforms and solutions deliver business and technical requirements
- Serve program teams to better understand their problems and goals, recommending possible solutions and building consensus around architecture
- Oversee and manage the full AI program life cycle implementations
- Assist, guide, and drive engineering teams by providing technical oversight during implementation and owning technical delivery
- Contribute digital thought leadership with an AI-driven mindset to a larger tech community, and be a change agent
- Ensure all architectural consideration and non-functional requirements around high availability, scalability, maintainability, and extensibilities are factored in in the core system
- Implement POC, sample use case, and core platform components for a highly scalable application
- Successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets and Data Ingestion, processing of structured and unstructured data in big data ecosystem - Hadoop, Spark, and Spark Streaming
- Lead technical workshops in driving strategic initiatives, while developing and managing relationships with both internal and external vendors
You Should Apply If You Possess:
- Required to have Bachelor/Masters/Ph.D. in Statistics/Machine Learning/Data Science/Analytics /Computer Science or Engineering from premier institutes
- 10+ years of experience in AI/Data Modeling/NLP
- Preferred to have Ph.D. in Data Science/Analytics/Computer Science from premier institutes
- Hands-on real-time experience in Deep Learning models for NLP
- Expert level knowledge with Deep Learning frameworks TensorFlow, Keras, Fastai, and PyTorch
- Experience with NLP tools, libraries, and models such as Hugging Face, LLMs, spaCy, nltk
- Experience architecting, designing, developing, and deploying enterprise AI solutions involving Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning, and Data Science
- Experience with AI architecture and AI interface design covering a diverse range of use cases and deployment models
- Strong experience practicing Software engineering, DataOps, and MLOps, including knowledge of CI/CD workflows and tools, data labeling, and model management
- Demonstrated expertise in ML algorithms for deep learning, time-series, anomaly detection, NLP
- In-depth theoretical and practical knowledge of cloud AI/ML Services (preferably AWS)
- Experience with Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis
- Draw insights from in-use product analytics data to improve the product
- Experience working with Python
- Use machine learning along with real-time usage and performance data to optimize product performance and service
Good to have:
- The ideal candidate is curious, consultative, well-organized, articulate, and excited about working in a fast-paced environment
- Ownership mindset: Reliable, takes pride in the quality of their work
- Hunger: A desire to explore and raise the bar in building search experiences and eagerness to embrace the new and unknown
- Communicator: Skills to communicate with stakeholders on engineering, product, business and client teams