What is Menyala?
Menyala is a venture builder founded by Temasek, a global investment firm headquartered in Singapore. We empower builders to drive technological shifts.
In this role you will:
As the first corporate development hire you will be responsible for a diverse range of activities. This role combines elements of fundraising & investor relations, corporate development strategy, and venture advisory. The ideal candidate will possess a unique blend of industry contacts, fundraising expertise, and a deep understanding of the tech landscape. This role offers an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of innovation and to influence the direction of disruptive tech startups.
Fundraising and Investor Relations
- Support ventures to drive due diligence efforts for potential transactions by third party investors, including financial analysis, legal review, and risk assessment. Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Deal Structuring: Work on deal structuring and negotiations. Develop business cases and financial models to support investment decisions.
- Leverage your network of contacts to identify and engage potential investors.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with venture capitalists, angel investors, and other funding sources as well as identify and engage with strategic investors aligned with our ventures' goals.
Corporate Development Strategy:
- Partner closely with our leadership team to shape our corporate development strategy and drive initiatives that enhance our portfolio of ventures.
- Develop and implement comprehensive fundraising strategies to secure capital for our ventures, including seed funding, series funding, and strategic partnerships.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including finance, legal, and operations, to execute corporate development strategies successfully.
- Collaborate with venture founders and executive teams to evaluate to develop their funding strategy, including M&A, preparation for follow on funding rounds, and partnerships.
Market Awareness & Advisory
- Stay up to date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and competitive landscapes.
- Work closely with our portfolio companies to understand their technology and business models.
- Provide guidance and support in crafting compelling value propositions and recommendations on market positioning for each venture.
You should have:
- Proven track record of fundraising and investor relations, particularly in Asia, US or global markets.
- A strong network of contacts within the venture capital and tech industry.
- Demonstrated ability to create persuasive pitch materials and presentations.
- A data-driven approach to solving problems, specifically financial modelling acumen
- Exceptional negotiation and relationship-building skills.
- Deep understanding of technology trends and markets.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking abilities.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to thrive in a fast paced and ambiguous environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.