VALUE PROPOSITION: Mental Health Center of Denver provides you with the support you need to help you develop a career in helping others succeed. We innovate, adapt, and leverage the diverse perspectives of the people on our team and the people we serve in everything we do.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSIVENESS: The Mental Health Center of Denver values and is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to ending bias and discrimination in our community and ensuring equity within all aspects of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, transfer, or promotion opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Pharmacy Intern – MHCD Pharmacy and Wellshire Pharmacy
4455 E 12th Ave
Denver, CO 80220
4141 E Dickenson Pl
Denver, CO 80222
Contact for students: Marilyn Siyap, Pharmacy Director: email@example.com
Pharmacy interns will perform a variety of duties that will not only teach the intern invaluable skills, but will also prepare the intern for a career as a Pharmacist in a professional environment.
Duties will include:
- Prepare pharmaceutical preparations, labels and fill bottles with prescribed tablets and capsules.
- Enter prescription information into pharmacy software.
- Assist Pharmacist in preparing and dispensing of medication.
- Assist in maintaining inventory records.
- Maintain records of medication and equipment dispensed to patient, computes charges, and enters data into computer.
- Clean equipment and glassware according to prescribed methods.
- Maintain daily pharmacy records, as directed.
- Answer telephones, handle patient transactions and stock inventory in the pharmacy.
- Communicate with people we serve and answer questions regarding prescriptions, drug information or health matters under the supervision of a pharmacist.
- Answer drug information questions under the supervision of a pharmacist.
- Provides Medication Therapy Management (MTM) for the people we serve.
- Assist in keeping accurate patient records to avoid harmful drug interaction.
- May establish and maintain patient profiles and process insurance claim forms.
- Ensure that the pharmacy and equipment is kept neat and clean, helps with the maintenance of equipment and supplies, and manages the cash register.
- Maintain a trauma informed environment of wellbeing.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Pharmacist.
Title and Hours Required: Pre-Pharmacist Internship
- Current P2 or P3 student in an accredited Pharmacy program.
- Hours available Monday thru Friday 8 AM to 5:30 PM. This often leads to student’s being available only during class breaks.
- A minimum of 24 hours a week, with 40 hours per week preferred.
- Applications are accepted beginning in January of each year. Applications will be accepted while this notice is posted.
- Internship starts at the end of current school year.
Learn what it is like to work at the Mental Health Center of Denver: