EMPLOYMENT VALUE PROPOSITION: Mental Health Center of Denver provides you with the support you need to help you develop a career in helping others succeed. We innovate, adapt, and leverage the diverse perspectives of the people on our team and the people we serve in everything we do.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSIVENESS: The Mental Health Center of Denver values and is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to ending bias and discrimination in our community and ensuring equity within all aspects of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, transfer, or promotion opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
COMMITMENT TO PAY EQUITY: Mental Health Center of Denver is committed to fair and equitable hiring with salaries based on relevant factors, such as work experience, education, and certification/licensure (rather than wage history). Toward the principle of equal pay for equal work, we post and hire within defined hiring salary ranges. We ask all applicants to carefully review the hiring salary range for each posted job opportunity, as we will not hire outside the predetermined range.
Learn what it is like to work at the Mental Health Center of Denver:
SALARY RANGE: LCSW/LPC/LMFT - $26.35/hr - $31.59/hr
POSITION SUMMARY: The qualified applicant is a full-time licensed telehealth clinician in the Denver Public Schools working with elementary, middle, and high school aged students and their families. The candidate must have a private space to conduct sessions to ensure confidentiality. This position will require some in person time to attend internal team meetings, school meetings and supervision. The qualified applicant will have mental health therapy experience with children ages 6 to 18 plus.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide psychological evaluations/problem identification, crisis interventions, and individual, group, and/or family therapy to assigned clients.
- Provide case management services to clients as needed or assigned.
Develop treatment plans; monitor treatment progress and follow-up at disposition times.
- Assist clients with psychological development, social development, and rehabilitation.
- Coordinate client's use of other MHCD programs and outside community resources.
Coordinate medication/medicinal needs of clients with psychiatrists, nurses, and other medical sources.
- Maintain accurate and timely clinical records consistent with MHCD standards.
- Participate in team/department meetings, in-services, and supervisory sessions as required.
- Perform 27-10 (M-1) “mental health hold” evaluations.
- Maintain a trauma informed environment of wellbeing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Master's Degree in social work, psychology, or similar field. Current license as a LCSW/LPC/LMFT in the State of Colorado required.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of four years’ experience in clinical social work. Experience
working with moderate to severe and persistently mentally ill populations.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge or ability to learn and practice trauma informed principles and practices.
- Knowledge of methods of psychotherapy.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to assess crisis situations and intervene appropriately.
- Familiarity with the DSM V and diagnostic techniques.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible and on-call hours which may be required.
- Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Assist with program supervision of students/volunteers as determined appropriate.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, the telephone and other office and/or clinical equipment.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.